Knights' Monthly News
December 2021/January 2022
Our Guiding Principles
Our Mission:At NMS, we exist to ensure Every Child learns and makes impactful choices that igKNIGHT a purposeful future.
By 2024, NMS will be a Model PLC School.
The educators at NMS believe...
Every Child will have their ARMOR ready!
Every Child will learn from collaborative educators!
Every Child will learn at high levels!
Every Child will receive differentiated academic and behavioral support!
Every Child will develop their social and emotional skills!
Every Child will be celebrated for academic and behavioral mastery AND progress!
"Celebrating You in 2022"
Dear Parents and Guardians,
As we close out 2021 and the first semester of the school year, we are excited about the possibilities that await us in 2022. With a new year comes an opportunity for us to reflect on the past year to recommit to old goals or write new ones. At NMS, we have done a lot reflecting and are committed to attaining the goals we set for this school year.
As you may know, our overall student performance on STAAR dipped due to the instructional interruptions associated with COVID. We are committed to recovering what we lost last year to aid us in becoming a "B" campus within the next couple of years. In order for us to meet this goal, we have to place emphasis on data analysis and goal setting.
On Wednesday, January 6th, we are hosting our "Celebrating You in 2022" curriculum night where we will provide you with your child's academic performance data and discuss the steps that can be taken to ensure goals are met by May 2022. In addition, we will have a session that shows you how to access Skyward Home Access so you can stay informed on your child's progress.
As we "Celebrate You in 2022", we are pleading for your assistance with making sure your child attends school daily, completes all assignments, behaves appropriately, and is ARMOR ready.
We want all of our students to meet their potential. With our partnership, the sky's the limit for your child and our school. Please do not hesitate to let us know how we can better support you and your child.
Your igKNIGHTed Principal,
Dr. HP Hyder, III
Our ARMOR Models
Please help us make sure your child is dressed in his/her ARMOR every day before he/she leaves home. Nothing can stand in the way of a KNIGHT in his/her shining ARMOR.
December 2021 Happenings @ NMS
Week of December 13th
- Monday, December 13th - Math and Science PSA #2 Testing
- Tuesday, December 14th - ELAR and Social Studies PSA #2 Testing
- Wednesday, December 15th - PSA #2 Make-up Testing AND Early Release @ 12:30 pm
- Thursday, December 16th - PSA #2 Make-up Testing AND Early Release @ 12:30 pm
- Friday, December 17th - PBIS Incentive Day AND Early Release @ 12:30 pm
Friday, December 17th - Report Card Grades Due in Skyward
Bell Schedule for December 13-December 17, 2021
January 2022 Happenings @ NMS
- Monday, January 3rd - Student Holiday - No School
- Tuesday, January 4th - 2nd Semester & 3rd 9 Weeks Begin - Classes Resume
- Thursday, January 6th - Curriculum & Report Card Distribution Night @ 6 pm
Week of January 10th
- Tuesday, January 11th - MAP Testing - Reading
- Wednesday, January 12th - Student Recognition Ceremony (6th Grade @ 8:30 am; 7th Grade @ 12:50 pm; & 8th Grade @ 10 am)
- Thursday, January 13th - MAP Testing - Math
Week of January 17th
- Monday, January 17th - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday - No School
- Wednesday, January 19th - 8th Graders Visit Northbrook HS @ 8:30 am-12 pm
- Thursday, January 20th - Progress Report Grade Entry Window Opens
Week of January 24th
- Monday, January 24th - Progress Report Grade Entry Window Closes
- Wednesday, January 26th - Progress Reports Go Home
Week of January 31st
- Wednesday, February 2nd - Early Release Day @ 12:30 pm
- Doors open @ 7:45 am for car riders and walkers. Please do not drop off your child before this time as there is no adult supervision.
- All students are required to wear their ID badges every day.
- All students must be in uniform every day.
- All students must turn off and stow their cell phones in their backpacks during the school day.
- Breakfast is served from 7:45 am - 8:15 am.
- Dismissal begins @ 3:55 pm.
Every Day Items
Reporting COVID Positive Cases
We understand that you may have reservations about sharing this sensitive information. Please know that all information shared will remain confidential and will only be shared with individuals who have a need to know.
Knight Noteworthy Nuggets
A ROUND OF APPLAUSE goes to our families who make sure their children are at school every day! We APPRECIATE your commitment to the success of your child and our campus!
“This is the beginning of anything you want."