all the going ons from the #1 class on the 2nd floor
Week of September 28th 2015
Last Thursday we finished Stuart Little for our read aloud book. The ending is left wide open with unanswered questions as Stuart drives off to continue his adventures. The conversations coming out of this was as priceless as it was varied. The best thing is, it left all of us wanting more!
This Week In Learning!
- Reading- This week we will begin to look at various text features such as: headings, captions, bold print, glossaries, indexes to understand non-fiction texts. We will also be using graphic organizers to continue building our understanding of fiction text structures Beginning, middle, end, conflict/solution, and key details.
- Writing- We will continue to work on writing personal narratives, focusing on structure, adding details, and the writing process. They've already produced some great work!
- Math- We begin exploring money this week. We'll be identifying coins and bills, understanding equivalencies of values, and solving word problems involving bills and coins.
- FUNdations- This week we will finish Unit 3. We've been reading and writing closed syllable exceptions ind, ild, olt, ost. We've also been reviewing vowel team sounds: ai, ay, ea, ee, ey, oi, and oy. Unit 3 test will be this Friday.
- Science- This quarter we will be studying weather! We will be learning about weather tools, patterns, and the effect the sun plays in controlling the weather!
- Social Studies- This quarter we will be learning about hoe to read and interrupt maps. Understanding features like keys, grids, compass rose, and symbols.
Some Awsome Learners Learning
Creating maps of the class!
Thanks for being so great! Please feel free to contact with any questions or comments!