Certified K-6 Teacher
I've learned that you can't hide broccoli in a glass of milk....child-age 7
The classroom..a safe, nurturing environment that builds a bridge between the life children lead at home and the walls of the classroom. The best thing about a classroom is that it is a place where children can explore and discover new and exciting things that they build upon and take with them for a lifetime. Gone are the days that children are just by-standers in the classroom, but they are participants in their own learning and help to guide others throughout the learning process. The classroom is such an exciting place where children come together to explore, learn, and to teach.
A Pep Talk from Kid President to You
At this link you will find samples of lessons that I have used within my classroom. I have created SMART lessons using the SMART software and downloaded many lessons to use with the SMART board. http://exchange.smarttech.com This site has helped me to embed technology in my classroom daily. The interactive nature of the lessons help me to catch and keep the attention of my students.
Things I'm passionate about:
- Child centered learning-children work well in group settings to learn, talk through, and even help to teach new ideas to their peers
- Differentiated learning and discipline-All students are different-what works for one does not always work for another
- Safe, positive, respectful classroom environment
- Seamless integration of technology-this generation is born into a technology age
- Not being just an educator but also a lifetime learner
- Team collaboration
JUST A REMINDER
To This Day Project - Shane Koyczan