From the Desk of Ms. Clark
March 18, 2021
“Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit in me.” Our second graders from both parishes will have received their first Rite of Reconciliation and the Sacrament of Penance by the end of this week. It always so nice to witness their excitement for this special sacrament. Congratulations to each of them and thank you to their teachers for preparing them for this special sacrament of grace and mercy.
Each trimester our students participate in this special sacrament. Reconciliation provides them with a chance to reflect on their own lives and the areas they would like to change. They are given the opportunity to heal and resolve with God, themselves, their families, their peers, and their community. As we prepare our students to recognize and confess their sins, we are reminded that children learn what they live.
- If a child lives with criticism, he or she learns to condemn.
- If a child lives with hostility, he or she learns to fight.
- If a child lives with ridicule, he or she learns to be shy.
- If a child lives with shame, he or she learns to feel guilty.
- If a child lives with tolerance, he or she learns to be patient.
- If a child lives with encouragement, he or she learns confidence.
- If a child lives with praise, he or she learns to appreciate.
- If a child lives with fairness, he or she learns justice.
- If a child lives with security, he or she learns to have faith.
- If a child lives with approval, he or she learns to like himself or herself.
- If a child live with acceptance and friendship, he or she learn to find love in the world.
Together let us give our children the gift of love, so they will always have enough love in them to give to others!
We remain incredibly grateful for the gift of our teachers and staff. Because of their great sacrifices and love for your children, we have been able to maintain in-person instruction. We are also grateful to our parents for respecting the important role they play in ensuring the health and safety of our students.
FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION TIME FOR 2021-2022 IS HERE!
Grant & Aid Application Fee: $35.00 Your 2019 or 2020 tax return is required to complete your application. If you applied last year, your application will autofill. You will be notified by FACTS if any additional documentation needs to be submitted. The link is on our website, on the Archdiocesan BLOCS website and here:
Award decisions will be made based on the FACTS Grant & Aid estimated need.
REVISED Symptom Screening Tool
Please see below for the “Revised” Symptom Monitor Checklist which is to be completed each day. By sending your child to school, you are confirming that you have completed this health screening.
Health and Safety Reminders
As cases are increasing each day within our county, I urge you to continue to take necessary precautions to limit coronavirus spread in our community.
Continue with your attentiveness to washing our hands
Properly wear face masks indoors and outdoors when away from home
Maintain appropriate physical distance
No small or large social gatherings
Monitor your health on a daily basis.
Important Dates to Remember
Friday, 3/19: Terra Nova Testing / NO SCHOOL Grades 4-8
Monday, 3/22: Terra Nova Testing
Wednesday, 3/24: Stations of the Cross
Thursday, 3/25: School Confessions
Friday, 3/26: SKD Spirit Day
Monday, 3/29: Good Time Ticket Dress Down Day
Tuesday, 3/30: Service Dress Down Day
Wednesday, 3/31: 11:45am Dismissal