~go forth and prosper~
Storage Squad Marketing Director Internship
- When: this summer (only a few weeks)
- Position: Marketing Director in Nashville ($15 an hour)
- Storage Squad offers short-term storage for college students
- Expanding to Vanderbilt this summer and looking for students to join team part-time!
- Managing and utilizing social media accounts
- Distribution and promotional materials
- Chalking around campus
- Development and execution of a campus specific marketing plan
Creative Assistant to Make-Up Artist and Esthetician Geri G. at Southern Women's Show
- When: April 14-17 at the Music City Convention Center (some or all days)
- Role: Includes assisting with demonstrations during classes, interacting with convention participants at booth, helping with organizing and setting up product before/after show each day
- Contact Geri Giagnorio at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Goldman Sachs Bring-Your-Own Lunch Session + Workshop
- When: Thursday, March 24 from 12 until 1 p.m. in Kissam Multipurpose Room #210 (lunch) and workshop at 4 p.m. (location TBD)
- Investment Management Division of Goldman Sachs
- Lunch will be an informal discussion on careers on Wall Street, women in the industry, and undergraduate women's advice on navigating the recruiting process
- Targeted for those interested in the finance industry
- Workshop later that day will be on resume building, interview skills, and other need to knows in preparing for interviews/jobs
- Workshop is geared toward freshman/sophomore year but still in the works
- Contact the Career Center for more information!
Career Prep Kick-Starter Workshops - FINAL WEEK!
Location: Center’s main office, SLC , 2nd floor
- When: Tuesdays at 4 p.m.
- Walks you through the basics of the interview process
- Key points to be addressed: interview structures, how to efficiently prepare and how to develop dynamic responses to interview questions
Simplified Job Search
- When: Wednesdays at 4 p.m.
- Explores resources, tools and strategies you need to perform an efficient and fruitful job/internship search
- Key points to be covered: maximizing Web-based recruiting tools including DoreWays and understanding the job search process
- When: Thursdays at 4 p.m.
- Provides guidance on the why and how of developing a professional network
- Key points addressed: the importance of meaningful connections to your career development, how to find and approach interesting people and the ABC's of the networking process
Companies on Campus This Month
- Burger King Corp
- Cambridge Associates
- Cobbs Allen
- DCS Corporation
- Equilar, Inc
- Goldman Sachs
- Parallon Business Solutions
- Quality Manufacturing Systems
- SMBC Nikko Securities
- Southern Teachers Agency
- Success Academy Charter Schools
- Teach for America
Career Center Listserv
Consider joining the career center listserv at http://www.vanderbilt.edu/career/files/listservSignup.php in order to stay up to date on internship and career development opportunities! Internship and job hunting can be so stressful.. but don't forget about the many resources out there and reach out for help :) Good luck!