Raider Nation News
Week of November 19, 2018
Dear Atholton Families,
Yes it is true – a snow day in mid-November! I hope this is not indicative of what the winter holds regarding school closures. While our seniors may applaud such closures, the rest of us will have to endure an extension of the school year. So, keep those fingers crossed that this past Thursday was just an anomaly and not in any way a prognostication of what is to come!
This past week made me so proud to be a part of Raider Nation. First, congratulations to the Lady Raiders Volleyball Team for their State Semifinal win on Wednesday over Westminster. They will play in the 3A Maryland State Finals this coming Tuesday, November 20 at 8pm at Richie Coliseum at the University of Maryland College Park. Details can be found below. Second, it was so nice to visit with all of our student athletes and their parents and coaches before the Fall Sports Ceremony on Tuesday. Mr. Senisi and I are very proud of the accomplishments both on and off the field our accomplished athletes. Lastly, I spent a lovely evening yesterday with my daughter at the fall production of the AHS Drama Department – It’s a Wonderful Life. We were so impressed with the talent of our students both on stage and off. Congratulations to Mr. Rosen for a well put on show!
I hope you have an opportunity to conference with teachers this week. This is an important opportunity to extend the lines of communication regarding academic progress. Once again, the majority of teachers will be offering evening conferences. Please check our website for the registration link if you still need to do so.
Lastly, Thanksgiving is this week. It is a time to be thankful, a time to remember and embrace those who enrich our lives. I am thankful for a lot of things and that includes being thankful for the Atholton community. This is truly a special place!
I wish you all a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving!
Robert A. Motley
Calling ALL AHS Families
1. By credit card. Follow this link http:www.atholtonptsa.org/donate/ or access the PTSA website www.atholtonptsa.org and select "Donate to the PTSA!". Please be sure to indicate that your donation is for Staff Appreciation.
2. By check: Mail check, made payable to AHS PTSA , to Shalini Gidwani, 7009 Meandering Stream Way, Fulton, MD 20759.
Please contact Shalini (443)540-1311 or email@example.com with any questions. As always, thank you for your support.
Lady Raiders State Championship Volleyball Game
Tuesday, 11/20 @UMCP-Ritchie Coliseum
8:00 PM -- Class 3A : Atholton vs. Bel Air
AHS Athletic Boosters will provide a FAN BUS to the Championship! Please use this link to register.
We have been given the following rules and regulations from the Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association (MPSSAA):
- Admission costs at Ritchie Coliseum – ages 7 & older, $10.00 (cash and Visa or Mastercard or on-line purchases ONLY will be accepted).
- Noisemakers and other distractions, i.e., sirens, whistles, horns, bells, etc., are prohibited.
- Balloons, large hats, mascots, etc. must not visually obstruct teams, officials, or spectators.
- Signs are permitted which display a positive support of the school. Derogatory or obscene signs will be confiscated. Signs may not be carried through the stands as a means of taunting other spectators.
- Parking at Ritchie –We will be using the non-metered “K” and “J” lots beside and behind Ritchie along with the “C” lots across the street at the Visitor Center on Route 1. LOTS 16B AND 7 ARE NOT AVAILABLE AND IF YOU PARK HERE, YOU WILL RECEIVE A TICKET!!!!
- Souvenir Fan Cards will be available for no cost.
- T-shirts will be sold at the site by Nightmare Graphics.
- Videotaping may take place in the balcony area, under the following conditions. Videotaping must take place in the roped off area only, there should be only one adult per video camera, and no children. Please bring adequate battery supply as there is limited electrical access in the balcony area.
- Lastly, at the end of the match, security members will have a rope that they will use to keep fans from rushing the court. It is prohibited for fans to rush the court.
AHS Music Boosters Fundraisers
There’s no better way to top off that perfect holiday meal than with the “perfect dessert” – you know, the one that you don’t have to make :o) Dessert Days offers everything from cheesecake to pies to cinnarolls. Download the catalog below for the all the offerings! YUM!
Order your dessert by:
· Option 1 - Contacting a student in the music program and placing the order directly with them.
· Option 2 – If you don’t know a student in the music program, contact Van at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orders must be received by November 21st.
Although we can’t confirm the exact delivery date yet, we’re expecting delivery to be some time the week of Dec. 10th – Dec. 14th.
Restaurant Day @ The Greene Turtle on Monday, Nov. 19th
It’s going to be an especially hectic week with Parent Teacher conferences all next week. Whether you’re expecting good news or “less good” news ;o) everyone will feel better on a full stomach – especially if they didn’t have to cook it!
Stop by the Greene Turtle in Columbia (8872 McGaw Rd Suite C, Columbia, MD 21045) on Nov. 19th and fill up before and/or after the conference, DOWNLOAD the flyer below on your smart phone, and the Music Boosters will receive 20% of the sale ALL DAY long!
Mark Your Calendar
November 22 & 23 -- School Closed --THANKSGIVING
November 30 -- Honor Roll Celebration
December 24 - January 1 -- School Closed -- WINTER BREAK