NEWS FROM THE OFFICE
As the year winds down, we wanted to share a few items:
- Tuesday, June 1st is Fun Day at Blain Elementary. Students are encouraged to wear their Blain Elementary t-shirts. Each class will be participating in outdoor activities and will receive a "cool" treat from the Blain PTO!
- On Wednesday, June 2nd and Thursday, June 3rd, students will be dismissed at 1:15 PM.
- Summer Program transportation information will be sent next week to families who registered their children for this summer learning opportunity.
- The Blain Elementary office will be open Monday - Thursday throughout the summer from 7:45 AM - 3:30 PM.
- Class placement information for the 2021-2022 school year will be sent to families in August.
We hope all of our students and their families have a safe and healthy summer!
MRS. O'TOOLE'S READING CORNER
Looking for ways to get your kids off of the couch this summer? Try these simple ideas from Rockford Fitness Examiner Amanda Marshal:
Shoot for 60 - Remember that for good health, kids should ideally get at least 60 minutes of physical activity every day. All kinds of activities count. Encourage your kids to get moving by walking fast, running, dancing, jumping rope, riding bikes, skating, swimming, playing basketball or soccer - even climbing stairs works!
· Plan Active Family Outings - On weekends, go for a hike or bike ride together at a park or walking path. The Cumberland Valley Rail Trail in Newville offers a great place for riding bikes or walking. Our family rides our bikes there. When planning your vacation, look for a place that has lots of outdoor activities.
· Take a Walk - Start a tradition by taking a walk together after eating dinner. This is a great time to catch up on everyone’s day, to share stories, and to spend quality time with your children. To make it even more interesting, you could look for outdoor scavenger hunts online to do while you walk.
· Create a Space for Activity – Make an area, either inside or outside, where your child(ren) can rock out and be active. Fill it with bubbles, water blasters, balls, hula hoops, and other active games and puzzles. Don’t be afraid to join in on the fun! Your child will love getting you wet or beating you at a game!
This summer, work hard to encourage your kids to take part in activities that involve moving, not sitting. Set limits on how much time they spend watching TV, playing video games, and surfing the Internet.
Congratulations to our last group of students that were caught reading at home: Jacob Innerst, Bailey Fisher, Libby Sauder, and Alfonso Mazzotta! They each earned a free book and have their pictures posted out in the hallway. Feel free to send me (email@example.com) pictures this summer! Be creative and see what fun places your child can read!
CONNECT WITH US
Blain Elementary School
132 Blain Road
Blain, PA 17006
"Alone we are strong ... Together we are stronger."