Volume 7 - September 21-September 25
Progress Reports Posted on 9/25/2020
New Commitment Form Coming Soon!
At the beginning of the year, all families were asked to select At-Home Learning or In-Person Learning for the first 9 weeks of school. After the first 9 weeks, parents will be able to continue with their original selection or change their learning format selection.
Parents will be asked to complete a new commitment form for the next 9 weeks. The form will open on September 23-29. Parents can select to remain in the same learning format or change it. The parent decisions made at that time will impact the staffing decisions that ensured classes are filled at the appropriate student to teacher ratios. After Sept. 29, changes will no longer be made for the 2nd 9 weeks. If a parent does not complete the form, the district default will be for the student to continue in the same learning format as the first 9 weeks.
The new learning format will begin on October. 14. These are examples of what learning would look like on October 14, if changes were made:
- If a student was an At Home Learner the first 9 weeks of school and the parent selects In-Person Learning, the student would come to the campus on October 14. The student would have a new In-Person teacher.
- If a student was an In-Person Learner the first 9 weeks of school and the parent selects At Home Learning, the student would stay home on October 14 and access learning through ZOOM and Google Classroom. The student would have a new At Home teacher.
- If the parent did not select a change, the student would continue in the same learning format. Changes to the teacher may be necessary depending on the student to teacher ratios district-wide.
Please be advised that some students may experience a change in their teacher for the second quarter. We are hopeful that this will not need to occur, and we will do everything possible to keep stable classes. However, we can't anticipate the number of parents that will change their commitment to a different learning format. Depending on the changes made district-wide, it may be necessary to adjust the teaching staff to accommodate the student-teacher ratio of in-person and at-home learners.
Please go to the Allen ISD web for further information and updates.
Measure of Academic Progress
Parents Virtual Education
NEW THIS YEAR AT BOYD! we will have monthly virtual presentations for Parents Education. These unique online presentations will address questions and concerns you may have regarding the topic for that month. The first presentation will be in October.
The topic for the month of October will be: SELF DISCIPLINE.
If you have any questions about how you can best instill positive self-discipline traits in your child, please fill out this form by September 15, 2020. All questions will be addressed during the recording of the virtual presentation.
PLEASE NO DROPPING OFF PERSONAL ITEMS
To reduce the contact and handling of items, we are requesting that you DO NOT drop off items for your student such as Student ID's, masks, books, phones, jackets, lunches, clothes, Chromebooks, chargers, etc. Many of these items we can temporarily provide students. For example, we have extra Chromebooks to loan out to students for the day. We have extra masks and temporary Student ID's. If you student forget's their lunch and can not purchase one, we will provide them with a lunch. If you feel the need to drop something off for your student, please contact the school office first before coming up to school so we may work with you to determine if there is an alternative. Thank you!
Please visit the Student Nutrition webpage for menus, meal prices, and updates to the curbside lunch pick-up.
Daily meal pick-up will be 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Student nutrition personnel will greet and assist at the pick-up area. Heating instructions will be provided daily with meals.
Parents/guardians will need to provide proof of AISD enrollment (Student ID#).
Please pick-up meals in the following areas:
- Boyd Elementary, 800 Jupiter Rd, Allen, TX 75002– In front of the school drop-off next to the cafeteria.
- Rountree Elementary, 800 E. Main St., Allen, TX 75002 – In front of the school drop-off next to the cafeteria.
- Ereckson Middle School, 450 Tatum Dr., Allen, TX 75013 – Enter the first driveway from Tatum and follow to the back of the school.
- Curtis Middle School, 1530 Rivercrest Blvd, Allen, TX 75002– From Malone take the second left at the athletic fields and follow the road to door #10.
Allen ISD Resources for Families
As we prepare to begin the 2020 – 2021 school year, Allen ISD has compiled additional resources for our families. These resources are available on the Allen ISD website and can be accessed through the following links:
The COVID-19 Prevention, Mitigation, and Response Procedures outline the current procedures our campuses will have in place to prevent or mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and how to respond if a positive case is identified.
The Academic Information for Families webpage provides instructional information and resources related to In-Person and At-Home learning models, digital learning tools, and academic supports. All students will begin the first day of school on August 12 participating in At-Home Learning. This specific content will be helpful as you and your student prepare for the start of school:
- Weekly Learning Plans - an overview of the learning objectives, activities, and due dates
- Instructional Roles and Expectations – a list of learning and teaching expectations for students, parents, and teachers
- Student Attendance – process for recording attendance through daily engagement measures while participating in At-Home Learning
- Digital Learning Tools – resources to help students learn how to access and use:
Google Classroom and Seesaw (for elementary students)
Canvas (for secondary students)
Google Meet and Zoom (video conferencing platforms for virtual learning interactions)
Alton Boyd Elementary School
800 S Jupiter
Principal: Judith Coffman
Asst. Principal: Lara Mercer
Asst. Principal: Wendy Williams
Secretary: Elaine Gamboa
Registration: Gabby Villegas
Receptionist: Ale Reyes
Nurse: Terry Phillips
Counselor: Patricia Chavez
CARE: Marisol Puterbaugh
Campus Intervention Specialist (CIS): Yessica Schessler
PTA President: April Cheney