No Teacher Left Behind
Providing consistent learning opportunities for teachers!
How would you suggest we, as a nation, provide consistent learning opportunities for teachers and ensure that they are not left behind in learning about new techniques and strategies?
- Training and workshops for teachers
- Have educators further their education
- Workshops on technology and how to incorporate it into the classroom
- Teacher evaluations
Should all teachers across the country use certain practices? If so, what would those be?
- Good communication skills
- 21st century skills knowledge and usage inside of the classroom
- Encourage self-assessments and goal setting
- Provide feedback in a timely manner
- Involve students in decision making
- Collaborating with co-workers (team player)
Should there be a consistent standard for all teachers to meet, just as students must pass high stakes tests? If so, what would be the standard?
Yes, I believe that teachers should have consistent standards that they have to meet yearly. Along with the state by state certifications that are in place for teachers, I feel that teachers should meet additional requires to continue to update their credentials. Teacher standards should be based on:
- Principal/administrative observations and evaluations
- Student's test results
- Participation and willingness to learn new technology and try new teaching strategies and techniques
- Attendance in all professional development trainings
Lastly, share your thoughts on how well teachers are being prepared to master the ISTE Standards for Teachers standards in their classrooms.
I believe that teachers are being well prepared to master the ISTE Standards for Teachers in their classroom. Schools are requiring teachers to take additional college courses, incorporate 21st century skills into their lessons, as well as having them attend teaching conferences and/or workshops.