Pickerington Tiger Sharks
Week 2: First Meet Week - All the Info!
Hello Tiger Sharks and Families!
Wow, can you believe WEEK ONE is already done?! All the swimmers did amazing this week and I'm so happy we had such wonderful weather! This is a big week with our first meet coming up on Saturday, so please read through the ENTIRE email!
Mark Your Calendars for June 13th to eat at TGI Friday's anytime from 10 AM - 11 PM, dine-in or takeout! Use the link (grouprai.se/f250902) to RSVP if you plan on supporting the team by June 10th.
We are still looking for a Fourth of July Coordinator. Please let me know if you are interested!
Highlights of this Newsletter:
- Ins and Outs of the Intersquad Meet (Please read thoroughly) Porter's Coffee will be there!
- Save The Date - Picture Day and Donuts for Breakfast
- GetAir Fundraiser/ TGIF
- Spirit Wear Deadline
Make sure you are following us on Social Media, Monica is doing a FABULOUS job sharing all the information you need to know throughout the week!
- Practices will NOT be canceled due to rain, please join our group on Remind for cancellations: https://www.remind.com/join/ptigersha (This is new from last year)
- Please do not drop off your swimmer before 7am on practice days, as a safety protocol from the city there will not be a supervised adult to be with your child.
- CHECK YOUR SWIMMER FOLDERS DAILY!!!!!
- If you have questions regarding swim team, please address board members or coaches (after practice). The pool staff is separate from the team and is unable to answer your questions.
- Parents and younger siblings, keep clear of the swimming deck during practice times. It is unsafe to try to hold a conversation with a coach while we have swimmers in the water. The same goes for trying to talk to your swimmer during practice. Family members are to remain in the grassy areas or under the awnings.
Intersquad Home Meet - Everything You Need to Know!
Saturday June 10th at Pickerington Community Pool (Come help set up Friday night at 7:30pm and bring your chairs to claim your spot for the meet)
Since this is just our team, we can set up inside the fence on the grassy areas! Tiger Sharks are typically in the front grassy area and on the left side. We will not be using the area by the diving well. You will not be allowed on the side walks in front of the grass. NO POP UP TENTS.
Arrival: 7:00 am
Home Team Warm Up: 7:15am
Meet start time: 8:00 am
End time: approximately 11:00am
Volunteer Opportunities (Each family is required to do 3 meets. We need all hands on deck to run a meet smoothly and if you know of any teens that need/want volunteer hours, send them our way):
- 1 (first half) & 2 (second half) Bullpen
- 1 (first half) & 1 (second half) Concessions
- 1 (second half) Head Timer
- 1 Scorer (second half)
- 10 Meet Clean up/Tear Down
- 7 (First Half) & 16 (Second half) Timers
What to Bring:
- Purple competition suit, Tiger Sharks Swim Cap (will have some for sale), goggles, towels, sharpie (to write events on swimmer's arm and name and PTS on swimmer's back)
- Chairs, extra towels, snacks (concessions, Porter's Coffee available), blankets, NO pop up tents
Before the Meet: How to do the following is in the slideshow presentation -2023 Parent Information Meeting Slides
- Declare your swimmer by 5pm on Thursday (check out the slide show for instructions)
- Sign up to volunteer (check out the slide show for instructions:)
- Check your email for your swimmer's entries (check out the slide show for instructions)
- Check in your swimmer with our Junior Coaches when you arrive. Look for them near the Tiger Sharks banner when you enter.
During the Meet:
- Locate Bullpen numbers near the pool deck, these will tell you what events they are setting up in the bullpen. Bullpen workers will be calling out kids' names but be aware of when they are swimming, so they don't miss it. They will get your children to where they need to be. The bullpen is an area where they will be setting up the swimmers in their lanes several heats prior to their event.
- After your child swims their events, have them talk to a Coach so they can give them pointers on what to work on.
- Please keep your children out of the diving well and other pool areas. The only people who should be in the water are the swimmers in current events.
- Please do not crowd the timers while you are watching your child swim. They are there to do a job.
- Take lots of pictures and send them to TigerSharks.firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can post them.
- ENJOY AND HAVE FUN! We are here for the kids!
You are representing our team, please behave appropriately and be respectful to the facility and the staff.
Practice Schedule and Events: June 5 - 11
Monday- Friday (June 5-9)
11 and up: 7:00am -8:00am
10 and under: 7:50am - 8:50am
Thursday June 8th - Declare Your Swimmer by 5pm for Meet
Spirit Wear Ends: June 7th - See link below
Friday June 9th - 7:30pm Come help set up at the pool
Saturday June 10th - Intersquad Meet: arrive at 7am
Declare Your Swimmer and Sign Up To Volunteer For Meets
Head to the website and click on the All Season Events tab and click on the green buttons to get started.
Never done it before? Not a problem, all of this is explained in the parent meeting link above!
Spirit Wear Extended till June 7th!
We have decided to open the spirit wear store back open till June 7th. Order take a couple weeks after closing the store.
For those who ordered, you will get your items before the first meet!
This fundraiser allows us to provide the best experience for your swimmer, plus fun activities like Donuts for Breakfast, an end of the season banquet and more.
- Order your gear today to receive by mid June.
- There are so many options this year, definitely something for everyone.
- Remember, your registered swimmer gets a FREE team t-shirt, but as my kids told me, "Mom, we also need sweatshirts and sweatpants, and oh that tank would look great on you."
- Last day to order is June 7th. Items will be handed out during practices.
Monday June 19th: Picture Day and Donuts for Breakfast
Practice is going to look a little different on Monday June 19th. We ask that everyone still come during their designated practice time. We are still practicing!!!
Picture Day - please wear team shirts and bathing suit underneath!
- Our photographer will be under the awning at the pool taking pictures during from 7-9am. Please wear your bathing suits under your t-shirts because we are still having practice.
- Order forms will be available that morning and right below to print out.
- Even if you aren't ordering individual pictures, please jump in to for the team picture.
Donuts for Breakfast: Don't leave empty handed! On your way out, grab a donut from one of our Board Members for a fun treat.
Important Upcoming Dates
- June 7th: Spirit Wear Ends
- June 8th: GetAir Night 5-9pm
- June 9th: Meet Set up at the pool - 7:30pm
- June 10th: Home Meet - 7:00am arrival time
- June 13th: TGIF Fundraiser - All Day
- June 19th: Picture Day and Donuts for Breakfast
- July 4th: Walk in Fourth of July Parade
- July 18th: CHAMPS
- July 21st: End of Season Banquet 8-10pm - Pickerington Community Pool
Pickerington Tiger Sharks
President: Abbey Fatica
Past President: Sheri McClurg
Vice President: Lora Adkins
Secretary: Susan Mitman
Treasurer: Kathy Wolfe
League Representative: Dione Windle
Meet Director: Sherman Sutherland
Technology Officer: Nick Shaw
Fundraising/Sponsorship Chair: Lisa Winters
Social Media Director: Monica Brooks
Concessions: Liz Dunn
Banquet Chair: Erin Harshaw
Fourth of July Chair: