Multicultural Picture Books
Uncle Peter's Amazing Chinese Wedding Written by Lenore Look
Uncle Peter's Amazing Chinese Wedding
Jenny's favorite uncle, Peter, is getting married and everyone is excited except for Jenny. She's afraid that she will no longer be his special girl. On the day of the wedding as the family participates in traditional Chinese festivities, Jenny feels unhappy and left out. At the end of the evening, the beautiful bride, Stella, gives Jenny a special box. When Jenny opens the box, butterflies flutter out and fill the air to her delight. Uncle Peter and Stella wrap Jenny in a hug and reassure her of how much they love her.
More Books To Check Out!
Websites for More Information
- Kids Health - Topics- What is Diversity?http://www.cyh.com/HealthTopics/HealthTopicDetailsKids.aspx?p=335&np=286&id=2345
- Precious Children: Activities that Promote Racial and Cultural Awareness http://www.pbs.org/kcts/preciouschildren/diversity/read_activities.html
- Athur-Games-Connect the World-PBS Kids http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/connectworld/index.html
- ICDL - International Children's Digital Library http://en.childrenslibrary.org/
- Travel Around the World: Geography for Kids http://www.wakanow.com/ng/pages/Travel-Around-the-World:-Geography-for-Kids
- Multiculturalism and Diversity - Scholastic.com http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/lesson-plan/multiculturalism-and-diversity