Reforment Movements Project
JOIN THE FIGHT TO END GENDER INEQUALITY TODAY!!
Why do we have a problem with women's rights? And who supports this?
What is the problem that has sparked for our movement?
- Gender inequality between men and women is out of hand!
- We are angry that black men have been granted the right to vote before women!
Who started this movement?
- National Women's Suffrage Association
- American Women Suffrage Association
Does our fight have goals?
Our goals we hope to accomplish by 1870:
- The right to vote
- The right to own property
- Better education
- Equal wages
What we want to change with these goals:
- To change the fact that women can not vote
- Women's ability to own land
- Allowing women to keep their own wages
- Equal wages from men and women
- Secure the ballot through state legislation
Accomplishments we Have Made
- New York's Married Women's Property Act (1848)
Ideas that we made popular:
- Equality between men and women for voting, owning property, keeping wages, and others (EQUALITY)
Things that we have changed:
- Women are able to vote
- Women are treated more equal in society