Nov. 30 -Dec. 4
Mrs. Sacket-Mowers, 6th Grade
* Wednesday: Basic Skills Math Test
* Thursday: Math Standards Pre-Test
Late Work Policy-2nd Trimester
Questions to Ask:
* What are the three ways to write that ratio?
* Is that a part-to-part, part-to-whole, or whole-to-part ratio?
* Do you prefer making a tape diagram or a double-sided number line to "see" the ratio being extended?
* Tell me about the "You Light up my Life" activity.
* What is the new lunch policy?
* Did you submit your Cave essay on turnitin.com? How original was it?
* What quote did you select for the writing piece you started?
Update from Mrs. Holder:
History: Continuing our study of Ancient Egypt. We have finished the informational text portion of this unit. The test on Chapter 5 will be on Friday, 12/11.
Students have a study guide and materials (4 Graphic Organizers and 4 Quizzes with M/C and short answer responses). An Open Lab for History will be held on Wednesday, December 9th during lunch recess. Please encourage your child to join us as we review and answer questions regarding this chapter.
*Reflecting on the last history test- how will your studying change/stay the same?
*When do you think a good time to start studying would be? For how long?
*Are you planning on going to Open Lab for review?
Science: We are finished Chapter 5 this week and will begin preparing next week for the test on Chapters 4 and 5. The test will be given on Thursday, 12/17.