Transition Plus September 23rd
It's about the journey as much as the outcome.
Trouble Viewing your Memo?
If you are having trouble with a link - make sure you are using your MPS Google Account
Make the Newsletter great!
The deadline: 3rd Friday of every month.
Submit to: email Melissa Freeman or Colleen Knuth
Format: All submissions should be written exactly as you want them to appear in the newsletter.
What: successes, upcoming events, clothing closet needs, general needs, volunteer needs, opportunities, pictures, etc...
Minnesota Wild Teacher Appreciation Night
We want to invite you out to our Third Annual Teacher Appreciation Night!
Ticket includes: T-shirt, $5 donation to Education Minnesota Foundation, Pre-game On-Ice Photo and entered into the drawing for autographed items, and game experiences!
Note from the Nurses
- The role of Health Services staff is student focused and is stated as such in the MPS district liability insurance. Licensed School Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Health Services Assistants are not allowed to provide care to MPS employees or non-students (i.e. student family members, public visitors, etc.), unless it is an emergency situation (i.e. CPR needed).
- Injured or ill MPS employees and non-students should follow-up with a health care provider of their choice and have building administration (i.e. principal) complete applicable district paperwork. School Health Services, including the health office, does not provide ice packs, band-aids, or other supplies, nor perform temperature checks, blood pressure screenings, or other assessments for employees or non-students.
- Any student injured or with health concerns while at MPS needs to be evaluated in the health office and evaluated by health office staff.
Advisors, can you make sure that copies of all your student’s Emergency Health Plans are given to their other teachers and SEAs who work with these students. These were sent out by Email a few days before school. If you are missing your copy, or cannot find it please email Emily in the health office.
Weekly SEL Message
Advisory classes should be continuing to work on Self-Awareness. If you need help to find the resources on Google, please reach out to me. In the next two weeks I hope to visit classes to see how the three signature practices are going. Please know there is no judgement, only support. The three signature practices that should be included in each lesson are:
1. Warm Welcome
2. Engaging Practices
3. Optimistic Close
Have a great week!
Food Service News
There is a lot of exciting news coming from the Food Service class!
Breakfast sandwiches will be sold each Wednesday morning from approximately 10:30-11:30. Sandwiches consist of an English muffin, sausage patty, egg, and cheese. We are happy to take special orders. WE have gluten free bread, turkey sausage, egg whites only, skip the cheese, etc. If you miss the Coffee Cart, feel free to come down to the kitchen. $2.50 for a regular sandwich, $3.00 for gluten free or some special orders.
Students will be preparing and delivering Meal Deals for staff on Thursdays. This includes a sandwich or soup, chips, drink and cookie. These orders will be taken early in the week. The cost is $5.50. Thanks to Dave in the Coffee Shop for organizing this!
Fall Bakery Order Forms are available in the office by the mailboxes or click here. If you need something for a gathering at home or at school, please keep us in mind.
ESP Building Meetings
Welcome Back Pow Wow
It is time for MPS's annual Welcome Back Pow Wow to celebrate our students, families, community and a new year. It is held at South high school field at 4:30. See the flyer
if you have any questions please feel free to contact Christine.Wilson@mpls.k12.mn.us
Miigwech, Wopida, Thank you
PAYROLL ENTRY ON ESS
Remember, you must enter time on HOLIDAY's if you want to get paid. You are contractually to receive pay for Holiday's as listed in your contract. You will not automatically get paid for holiday's unless you enter it. If you are having difficulties, keep pressing enter, it will take it.
Also, don't ignore emails that say your time has not been approved. The most likely reason is a comment wasn't entered for extended time, or I may not have gotten to it on Tuesday, or you entered it after noon on Tuesday. Before you ask what hasn't been approved, check it first.
Here is a link on how to do that.
Can't find what you're looking for? Submit an eTicket with your training request. In the category dropdown menu, select "Training," and the eTicket will come straight to the Design & Training team.
Children's Dental is available to come out to the school for Students in need of Dental Care. They are contracted with MPS.
Things needed before they will come out:
- We need at least 9 students enrolled/qualified before they come to T+. Also preferred language they have interpreters.
- Students must have insurance to qualify for dental procedures.
- We need a parent/guardian consent form( We have them available in the health office).
- Students not enrolled in health insurance they can get them in started on the process. They also have a sliding fee scale available if students don't qualify for medical assistance.
- We have toothbrushes available in the health office if needed.
Guthrie Artisan Resident
My name is Theo Langason and I'm the new Guthrie Teaching Artist at T-Plus. In addition to being a teaching artist, I'm a director, actor, musician, poet and improvisor. My work is rooted in using theater, music and poetry to engage students, promote self expression, and energize curriculum. I'm excited to work with you all! My bio is below and I can be reached at TheoL@guthrietheater.org
Theo Langason is a multi-disciplinary theatre artist and teaching artist based in Minneapolis, MN. A graduate of Rutgers University – Camden with a degree in Theatre Arts, Theo has been working in the Twin Cities as an actor, director, musician, composer, improviser, poet, and teaching artist for a decade. Theo is one of the artistic directors of Red Eye Theater, a company that focuses on new, boundary-breaking performance work. In addition to his work with Red Eye, Theo is a company member of Sandbox Theatre, a member of Blackout Improv, and a regular cast member of The Theater of Public Policy. As a teaching artist, Theo works regularly with Guthrie Theater, Penumbra Theatre, and Upstream Arts. Theo has also worked with Ten Thousand Things, Park Square Theatre, Pillsbury House + Theater, and Theatre Pro Rata."
Coming Up at TPlus
Tuesday--------------- Team 1 Data Meeting---------------------------8:35-------- Jeremiah's Room
Wednesday---------- Minneapolis College Meeting---------------8:30-------- Front Officce
Thursday-------------- Team 2/3 Meeting-------------------------------8:35-------- Small Kitchen
Friday-------------------PSWE----------------------------------------------------8:30-------- Engagement Room
October 11----------- Latinx Celebration/ Salsa
October 16 ---------- Flu Clinic---------------------------------------------11:30 - 2:30
Third Friday of the Month-------Newsletter Submissions for Families