CCMS Parent Newsletter
In our ongoing effort to support students and teachers, we are making changes to our master schedule for the second semester to improve the learning environment for every member of our school community. The driving idea is to position our teachers to focus on providing instruction in person or online, not both at the same time. This will allow our teachers to better serve all students.
As such, students can expect changes to their schedules to accommodate campus wide changes. Our counselors are diligently working to minimize the impact to students but some change will be unavoidable. Additionally there are some courses that cannot be continued to be offered virtually. These courses include:
- Dance/Ballet Folklorico
- Theater Arts
- Theater Tech
- Office/Library Aide
- Treble Choir
Virtual students that are currently enrolled in Dance, Ballet Folklorico, or Athletics will be placed in virtual P.E. class. Students still have the same opportunity to participate in extracurricular events and teams before/after school.
Students enrolled in the other courses listed above will be assigned to Math or Reading Lab based upon their needs. Students that have been performing satisfactorily in their core classes will be offered the opportunity to choose a replacement elective.
Students will receive an email shortly asking them to complete a Google Form requesting what virtual class would like to be placed in instead of the aforementioned courses . Otherwise, students will be placed in a class based on availability. The deadline to complete this form is Friday, December 11th at 4:00 pm.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact your student's counselor.
Principal, Cedar Creek Middle School
Change of Learning Location Requests
Thursday, Dec. 17th, 12:15pm
125 Voss Parkway
Cedar Creek, TX
Important Dates & Upcoming Events
End of 3rd 6 Weeks
- 8th Math/7th PAP Math Common Assessment
Dec. 7th - 11th
- 7th History Academic Target
- 8th SCI Academic Target
- 8th History Academic Target
- 8th SCI Academic Target
- Algebra Common Assessment
Tips for Online Learning
- Please have your child log into Google Classroom each and every day to access, complete, and submit assignments.
- He or she should also log into Zoom or Google Meet on time and ready to learn, able to participate in class discussion, interact with peers, and answer questions.
- Your student should have a dedicated learning space at home to the extent possible, dress appropriately for class, and follow online etiquette. We encourage them to have their microphones and video turned on during live lessons.
- And of course, all students should engage in learning and activities with academic honesty, whether online or onsite.
- Dec. 10th vs Manor New Tech
- Dec. 14th @ Lockhart
- Jan. 7th @ Del Valle
- Jan. 14th vs Decker
- Jan. 28th vs Bastrop
- Feb. 1st @ Ojeda
- Dec.10th @ Manor New Tech
- Dec. 14th vs Lockhart MS
- Jan. 7th vs Del Valle MS
- Jan.14th @ Decker MS
- Jan. 28th @ Bastrop MS
- Feb. 1st vs Ojeda MS
Cedar Creek Middle School
Assistant Principal (A-Gom) - Natalie Bennight
Assistant Principal (Gon-Ors) - Elissa Adams
Assistant Principal (Ort-Z) - LaQuentin Thomas
7th Grade Counselor - Brady Honeycutt
8th Grade Counselor - Maggie McBride