The Ticehurst/Flint Newsletter
The Week of November 4-8
Please remember that presentations must include: (1) an introduction to the characters, (2) a summary of the main events (without giving away the ending!), (3) an explanation of why or why not your child enjoyed the book, and (4) a good visual.
Because November and December are both short months, I have decided to have the kiddos do only 1 presentation! November/December Novel Presentations will be due the week of December 16-20!!!!! Your child will not have anything to turn in for the month of November! I truly hope this helps with the hectic-ness of the season!!!
October Most Valuable Mav's!!!!!
ELAR Tutoring will be held on Wednesday OR Friday, before school, from 7:30-8:00 am
Math Tutoring will be held on Thursday, after school, from 3:00-4:00 pm
ALL STUDENTS should also be utilizing iStation & Think Through Math at home!!!!! Remember that your students now have access to Discovery Education at home! Log-in ID is MYKsSTUDENT ID (ex: MYKs12345) & Password is "greencap". We hope to use the "Board Builder" feature later in the year to create science projects!
- We hope you all enjoyed a fun and safe Halloween with your kiddos! Please limit the amount of candy that your child brings to school for snack and/or lunch!!!
- Be sure to sign your child's planner each night.
- Look for Tuesday Folders on Tuesdays :-)
- Homework will go out each week on Friday, and be turned in on Thursday of the following week.
- Please remember that if you have e*mailed us and you have not gotten a response within 24 hours, please try again!!!!!
- The Guidance Focus for November is CITIZENSHIP !!!
Things to look forward to:
THANK YOU PARENTS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO MEET WITH US ON PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCE DAY!!!
November 1st- Mav Dad's First Friday Lunch
November 5th- Chipotle Night
November 6th- Mrs. Little's Birthday
November 12th- PTA Board Meeting 6:30 pm
November 14th- PTA Meeting 6:30 pm
November 15th- Book Fair Opens
November 18th-22nd- Thankful for Parents Lunches
November 19th- Chick-Fil-A Night hosted by 3rd Grade & Specials
November 21st- Book Fair Closes
November 22nd- Mav Fan Jam
November 25th-29th- Thanksgiving Break
Writing: This week we will be using posters from the book "The Mysteries of Harris Burdick" by Chris Van Allsburg to complete different writing activities, including writing a good introduction, using sensory details, practicing "show not tell", and use of good adjectives
Social Studies: Continuing with "Texas Long Ago"
Science: "Take a Look Around You" Unit