SWES Principal Newsletter 10/23
Super Gators: Learn - Achieve - Succeed
Million Book Challenge
We are continuing the district's Balanced Literacy Million Book Challenge and welcome any gently used books from parents, community members and organizations. If you have any gently used childrens books that you would like to donate to our school please bring them to SWES and drop them off in our book donation box or with our Media Specialist; Mrs. Leslie Carelock.
October @ Southwest Elementary:
- October 23rd - Report Cards go home
- October 23rd - 27th Red Ribbon Week
- Friday, October 27th -@ SWES Trunk or Treat 5:30 - 7:30 - Be sure to bring your SWES children in their Halloweeen Costumes to enjoy bounce houses, games, and candy. This year vendors have reserved tables to show and sell some of their products.
Trunk or Treat
Georgia Parent Survey - Help SWES go from Good to Great!
157 parents have completed the anonymous parent survey so far. Please help us with our goal of at least 70% of parents responding this school year. We need 100 more parents to help give us feedback, please take a moment to help us know your opinions.
If you have already completed it, thank you so much! Only complete the survey once.
Georgia Parent Survey
Anonymous survey for all parents/guardians
- Parent Survey Link: http://gshs.gadoe.org/parents
Thank you for coming out!
74 parents came out to the Annual Summit, PTA & Teacher Grade Level Tell All last Thursday, October 19th from 5:3 0 p.m. - 6:50 p.m.
Thank you so much parents for taking time to support your children and SWES!
The remaining food from the event was brought to the Savannah Mission on Bull Street.
SWES Lost & Found
All items left unclaimed by this Friday, October 27th will be donated to one of our local shelters.
Hopefully we can find the owners of all of the belongings we have on our Lost & Found rack.
SCCPSS Dress Code Reminder
- Sweaters, jackets that zip are fine
- Belts with with pants and shorts that have belt loops
- shirts tucked in
- Hunter Green or white polo shirts
- Khaki or navy blue skirts, dresses, shorts and pants
Thank you for your support with this.