Woodridge Forest Middle School
Welcome Back, Falcons! I would like to extend a warm welcome to each of you for the 2023-24 school year! Your teachers and I are looking forward to meeting our new students, as well as seeing those who are returning on Monday, August 7.
Please read below for valuable information regarding back to school procedures at Woodridge Forest Middle School.
Dan Carr, Principal
Meet Our WFMS Assistant Principals & Counselors!
First Day of School
🕖School hours are 7:10 am - 2:50 pm. The Tardy bell rings at 7:15 am
- Students who arrive after 7:15 a.m. must enter through the front doors. All doors are locked at 7:15am.
🔑Doors will open to students at 6:45 a.m.
- 🎒Students will go to 1st period, as soon as they arrive. Schedules will be posted, and staff will be guiding and directing students.
🍳Breakfast is available from 6:45-7:10 am.
🍕Lunch cost is $ 3.25 . Make sure your child brings a lunch or has money to purchase lunch on the first day. See Child Nutrition website for more details about lunch.
🚙Car riders will be dropped off at the East entrance, closes to the football field. Please, be patient and arrive early for the first day.
- Students need to be alert during dismissal, and should not be on their electronic devices.
- Always be mindful of walking students at cross-walks. See image below for details.
🚍Bus information is available in the "Smart Tag Parent Portal". Register or login to see bus number, pick up/drop off time and location.
💻Students will be issued a Chromebook during the school day on August 16th.
📷Students will receive their school ID during the first week of school. IDs must be on a lanyard or clipped to collar. Replacement or extra ID’s are $5.00. Temporary IDs are $1.00. Failure to pay for the temporary ID will result in a Lunch Detention.
🚦Expect traffic the first week, pick up and drop off will be slow. We understand, please don't worry if you run a little late the first day. Just be safe and mindful of students and staff.
🔔Dismissal begins at 2:50 pm. The cutoff time for early pick-up is 2:00pm.
Important Upcoming Dates
- August 14-18 Book Fair @ WFMS
- August 16 Open House 5:00pm
- August 28 - 29 Fall Picture Day (with Social Studies classes)
- September 4 Labor Day (No School)