🐬 Week of January 4, 2021
Hollinger's Island Elementary School
Welcome to Ms. Silvers, our new first grade teacher! She will be taking over for Mrs. Meyers, who will move back to her intervention position.
Here we go again! Back to remote learning for the week of January 4 through January 8.
- We hope you all had a wonderful holiday break are are ready to get back to business!
- We sent home devices and materials before the break. If you don't have what you need, please call the school asap on Monday morning.
- We will continue to email or post on FB additional information on remote learning.
- Please use Remind and Schoology to stay in contact with your child's teachers.
- It is hoped that we will be on remote for this week only, but will let you know as soon as possible if it is extended.
-We look forward to seeing all our students online this week! We prefer face-to-face, but remote is the next best thing. :-)
Remote students must be on time to class, keep their cameras on, and take all assessments with their class.
- Parents, please use the chat feature when you have a question for a teacher during class time, and not interrupt the teacher while he or she is teaching.
- We cannot stress it enough... please allow your child/ren to do their own work! Helping your child rather than allowing them to experience productive struggle will impede their progress and cause them to fall behind.
- Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately, fed, on time, and ready for school before signing on! This is remote learning (in real time, just like face-to-face) as opposed to virtual learning (where you sign on when it's convenient.)