The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of January 14, 2019
How will you think like a scientist to understand the world around you?
Lesson Plans DUE
Monday, Jan. 14th, 8am
- To the Gr2 Team: My Chat & Chew block is during your lunch block this week! If you would to dialog about any of our initiatives, let me know!
Bulldog Buddies/SEL Meeting
Monday, Jan. 14th, 3-4pm
- SEL & Trauma Informed Practices Presentation
- Schoolwide PBS Initiatives & Data Review
- SEL Initiatives/Articulation
- Action Plan
Rowan PDS Meeting
Thursday, Jan. 17th, 3pm
The Principal's POV on...Reflecting on Teaching
First and foremost, is our post-observation reflection form. Before you click submit, ask yourself these two questions: are my reflections accurate, honest & specific, and what artifacts can I provide that demonstrate my reflections have impacted future instruction? If you really want to knock it out of the park, enter and submit your reflections BEFORE receiving feedback from the observer! Talk about being authentic & honest...after all, when everyone's reflections are exactly the same as the observers, we always raise an eyebrow!
Some other ways to demonstrate proficiency in 4a are outlined below:
- Engage in a dialog based on walk through and/or lesson plan feedback.
- Participate in a Chat & Chew to review a formative assessment.
- Maintain a focus on instructional practices during data review meetings.
In other words, when you're looking for artifacts & evidence to support Domain 4, focus on the systemic practices we're already engaged in! This way you're not adding more to your plate! Thank you for a fantastic week & don't forget to share your "reflections" on 4a via email or social media!
News & Notes
Domain 4: As we roll into the second half of the year, it's time to begin focusing on Domain 4. In the months to come, I will be scoring the rubrics & will reach out to schedule a time for each of us to meet. Don't forget that the initial scores may be adjusted during our meeting...and stay tuned for some bite-sized best practices for D4 in upcoming editions of the Principal's POV!
Gr3 Honors Choir: Choir will restart on 2/12/19...can't wait to see Ms. Tursi!
African American Read-in: Readers are needed for our upcoming Read-In on 2/22 for Black History Month. Reach out to Mrs. Castro if you are interested!
Mid-Year Assessment Updates: See below for our assessment timelines. If you have any questions, just let me know!
- DIBELS: please administer next week (if you haven't started already). Results are due on Friday the 11th.
- Gr3 Informational Passage: Please administer next week. Baseline data for the "deer" passage will be due on Monday, January 14th.
- F&P Benchmarks: Benchmark week will be from 1/28-2/1.
Properties of Matter
Gr2 is rocking the scientific method!
Words to Inspire...
We're having a blast bowling with Mr. Bittner in PE!
Words to Inspire...
Shout-outs from the Staff...BOOM!
Joan, you do a wonderful job taking all of our new students and their parents around our school and making introductions to various staff members. You demonstrate true enthusiasm and warmth and I know this really makes the transition very welcoming for the students and their parents.
Thank you Kassie, Dave and Nicole for your flexibility and willingness to work out the situation with one of my students. You guys are the best!!!!!