Dutch Fork Elementary
Academy of Environmental Sciences - Week of February 8 -
- We believe all people deserve to feel safe, valued, and loved.
- We believe all children are naturally curious about the world around them.
- We believe learning is a social process.
- We believe inquiry fosters an environment of noticing and questioning.
- We believe learning should be viewed from multiple perspectives.
- We believe in learning through authentic primary and secondary sources.
- We believe in encouraging learners to take risks.
- We believe reflection should lead to change and growth.
- We believe learning should lead to social action.
- We believe our actions should be aligned with our beliefs.
DFES Academic Goals 2015-2016
By the conclusion of the 2015-2016 school year 65% of 2nd - 5th graders will have met or exceeded their spring reading MAP reading goal.
By the conclusion of the 2015-2016 school year homeroom teachers will have received a minimum of 10 hours of environmental sciences professional development to build teacher capacity and to support magnet theme implementation.
Transition Team Meetings
- 2/8 - Fourth grade (am)/fifth grade (pm)
- 2/10 - Second grade (am)/Third grade (pm)
- 2/11 - Kindergarten (am)/First grade (pm)
Representatives will bring back pertinent information for their respective teams use.
Tuesday, Feb. 9th, 8:15am-2:15pm
Dr. Mills will be with us Tuesday. We will not meet collectively as we did last month. Rather she has extended an invitation for filming lessons or demonstrations to be shared in the next few months/summer. She is also available to confer with teachers if interested. Just a reminder that a google document has been sent with schedule information for those interested.
PBIS Updates - Tuesday, February 9 @ 3:15 p.m
Wednesday, Feb. 10th, 1-3pm
DFES Media Center
DFES is hosting our monthly MSAP meeting for district magnet schools. We would like for our visitors to utilize the parking nearest the first grade hall and the cafeteria. Thanks for assistance in advance.