NEWS for #701 Belair
January 11 - January 15, 2016
- promote a sense of shared respect and responsibility between home, school and community
- teacher reflection and collaboration will be an essential part of our growth and student achievement
- optimal learning will exist in a safe, nurturing, and supportive environment sustained through School Wide Positive Behavior and CharacterPlus
- teachers will have high expectations for all students and provide them with a learning framework centered on critical thinking, problem solving, self-reflection, communication, collaboration, and real life experiences
Things to Note/Upcoming Events......
Monday, January 11 - PTA Meeting - 6:00 PM (Art Room)
Tuesday, January 12 - Reading Rewards Kick-Off Assembly - 9:15 (no change in AMP schedule); Baby Shower for Baby Schutte - 8:15
Wednesday, January 13 - Tier 2 Behavior - 8:15 (Walker's room); Two Hour Early Release (AMP Schedule = 4th grade 9:15-9:40; Third Grade 9:40 - 10:05; Fifth Grade 10:05 - 10:30; Second Grade 10:30 - 10:55; First Grade 10:55 - 11:20; Kindergarten 1:15 - 1:40)
Thursday, January 14 - Scott Out AM
Friday, January 15 - Team Time 8:15 (no weekly assembly)
Student Meetings: Tuesday - 8:15 A. O'Brien; and Wednesday - 8:15 L. Meisel
AMP Schedule: Monday - Blue; Tuesday - Yellow; Wednesday - Red; Thursday - Blue; Friday - Yellow
Library/Counseling Schedule: White Week
Morning Duties: 8:30 - 8:45 Gym (Liz); 8:30 - 8:45 Cafeteria (Sam); 8:30 - 8:45 Car Riders (Rachel)
Afternoon Gym Duties: Schlueter, Hufendiek, Hillis, Smith, Bowen, and Walker
Happy Birthday: January 16 - Katie Luebbering
Upcoming Culture/Belair Cares Events: Staff Holiday Party - Saturday, January 9th @ 6:00 PM (Lisa Smith's) - bring lottery tickets for game, and your favorite snack and beverage; January Birthday Treats - Friday, January 22 @ 8:15
FRA/SRI assessments must be completed by January 22. Please be sure to give me a copy of your report when you are finished testing.
Infinite Campus Gradebook MUST be updated by the end of each Tuesday with the previous week's scores/standards recorded.
Data Cycle data to Scott upon beginning/ending each unit for math and writing.
Web page updated by January 31.
Required Annual Videos - reminder that staff members are required to annually watch training videos. All training videos must be watched and completion forms submitted by February 1, 2016. These training videos are required by state law and/or district policy, and you must annually provide confirmation that you have completed each of the training modules. Once you have finished watching all required videos, you will log in to TalentEd Records and submit the completion form that is in your "Needs Attention" task list. As a reminder, TalentEd Records functions best in Google Chrome. Your user name is your firstname.lastname and your password is what you use to log in to your computer each day. Let me know if you have questions.
Who would you like to give a shout out to? We have much to celebrate here at #701!!!!
Inside a Rigorous Classroom
Four Corollary Questions
1. What do we want kids to know and do?
2. How will we know they know or can?
3. What will we do if they cannot?
4. What will we do if they can?