A Message from the Principal
There is important information below including STAAR testing and End of Year Award Ceremonies. Please read everything carefully and let your child's teacher know if you have any questions.
Thank you for all of your continuous support this school year! I can't wait to see all of the amazing things we will accomplish together in the 2022-2023 school year!
Character Trait of the Month
Click on the book BELOW to hear Ms. Magnon read the book, What Do You Do With A Chance by Kobi Yamada.
Our School Day
7:15 Doors Open
7:15-7:35 Free Breakfast
7:35 Tardy Bell
2:50 Dismissal (All Grade Levels)
- Please see the STAAR Testing schedule below. Testing for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade will be happening throughout this week and next week.
- Read this STAAR Letter for additional information. A paper copy of this letter was sent home with all 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students last week.
- If your student has a school issued Chromebook, please make sure that they bring it to school with the charger. Chromebooks will stay at school for the next 2 weeks to ensure we have them available for testing. All students will take their state assessments online this year.
End of Year Awards
- See below for schedule
- Parents and families are welcome to attend in-person. All adults will be required to check-in at the front office. All adults need to bring a picture ID with them. Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start time of the Awards Ceremony to allow for enough time to check-in.
Tardies, Leaving Early, and Dismissal Changes
- We are having a substantial issue with tardies every morning. We have a very large group of students who are entering the building each day after 7:35am. Please remember that students should be in their classroom by the time the bell rings at 7:35am. Instruction begins right away and students need to be present from the beginning.
- We are also having some problems with many students being picked up before 2:50pm each day. Unless your child has an appointment, we want them in class for the entire instructional day. It can be disruptive to your student and the rest of the class for someone to leave early.
- If you need to change your student's dismissal plan, please either send a note with your student or call the front office. If you are calling to make a change, please make sure you call before 2:00pm.
Winners of Attendance Kona Ice Party!
- Grade level with the highest attendance for April is... 5th Grade!
- Join us for our February PTO Meeting. Tuesday, May 10th at 6:00pm.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 845 3156 1068
- PTO will be holding an End of Year Carnival on Friday, May 20th from 6:00pm-8:00pm. Join us the PTO Meeting to find out how you can help!
Staff Shout Outs
- To: Mrs. Felan- To the greatest teacher of all time, thank you! Because of you, my son has grown so much since he started pre-k. He comes home with all his new learnings, understands the importance of being responsible and respectful. Your creativeness on learning things is amazing, because he comes home and repeats it all! :) Any student who joins your class is extremely lucky and parents should know their child is in good hands. We are so grateful for you. Mrs. Felan is simply THE BEST! From: A Happy Mama