By: Sam Timmermans
Brazil's population is very diverse, comprising many races and ethnical groups. In general, Brazilians trace their origins from four sources: Native American , European, Africans and Asians
- White 47.73%
- Black 7.61%
- Asian 1.09%
- Multiracial 43.13%
- Native American 0.43%
• When invited to dinner or an event, do not under-dress. It is considered more appropriate to over-dress than to appear too casual in appearance.
• Always bring the hostess a small gift of gratitude (such as a glass of wine or some fresh flowers).
• Avoid giving anyone a gift that is black or purple, as these are perceived as mourning colours.
• Always arrive early for events and dinners.
Important Historical Events
1945 – Brazil becomes a member of the United Nations Organisation.
1946 - A new constitution is implemented in the country, which restores the rights of individuals.
1958 - Brazil is crowned world champions in football at the World Cup™ for the first time.
1960 – The capital city is moved from Rio de Janeiro to the new city of Brasilia.
1962 - Brazil is crowned world champions in football at the World Cup™ for the second time.
1964 – For a time, military leaders take control of the Brazilian government.
1970 - Brazil is crowned world champions in football at the World Cup™ for the third time.
1985 - Brazil’s government is finally returned to civilian rule.
1988 - The Constituent Assembly ensures a wide distribution and consciousness of the new constitution of Brazil, which gives its citizens more individual rights.
1989 – Fernando Collor de Mello is elected as president in the first direct elections since 1960.
1992 – Rio de Janeiro hosts more than 100 world leaders for the first international World Summit Day™.
1994 - Brazil is crowned world champions in football at the World Cup™ for the fourth time.
1995 – Fernando Henrique Cardoso becomes Brazil’s president.
2002 - Brazil is crowned world champions in football at the World Cup™ for the fifth time.
2003 - Luiz Inacio Lula de Silva becomes Brazil’s president.
2011 - Dilma Rousseff becomes Brazil's first women president.
A Celebrity from Brazil
Forward who starred for Santos from 2009 to 2013, before joining FC Barcelona and becoming one of the team's top scorers. He debuted with the Brazilian national team in 2010 and won the South American Footballer of the Year Award in 2011 and 2012. He was the top scorer at the 2010 Copa do Brazil tournament with 11 goals. In 2011, he helped Santos win its first Continental Double since 1963.
- Brazil exported Soya beans , worth US$ 23,277,378.05 million.
- Brazil exported Non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates , worth US$ 19,982,659.63 million.
- Brazil exported Petroleum oils and oils obtained from bituminou , worth US$ 16,356,785.88 million.
- Brazil exported Raw cane sugar, in solid form , worth US$ 7,450,078.30 million.
- Brazil exported Oil-cake and other solid residues, of soya-bean , worth US$ 7,000,584.49 million.
- Brazil imported Petroleum oils, etc, (excl. crude); preparation , worth US$ 17,630,041.14 million.
- Brazil imported Petroleum oils and oils obtained from bituminou , worth US$ 15,533,062.83 million.
- Brazil imported Automobiles with reciprocating piston engine di , worth US$ 4,581,183.14 million.
- Brazil imported Monolithic integrated circuits, nes , worth US$ 4,429,771.00 million.
- Brazil imported Natural gas in gaseous state , worth US$ 3,827,354.51 million.