Description of Job
They provide treatment and prevention of injuries to the neuromuscular system. Chiropractors manipulate joints, bones and soft tissue to help clients control pain or prevent injuries from happening again.
Certifications and Education Required
- 4 years of full-time education.
- 1 year of clinical internship to obtain license.
- discuss their symptoms and health problems in detail.
- carry out an examination, sometimes using x-rays or blood tests
- take into account any previous diagnoses made by medical practitioner
- design a treatment program for a patient
Pay and Salary
Beginning - $100,000
Average - $136,000
Potential - $189,000
- human structure and function
- orthopaedics and physiotherapy
- biochemistry and biomechanics
- general medicine and internal medicine
- diagnostic skills and methods
- practical, manual skills and chiropractic techniques
What Is Chiropractic? By Palmer College
Places of Occupation
- Shoal Creek Chiropractic
- Kansas City Chiropractic
- Baker Chiropractic & Acupuncture
- Established in 1895
- One of the most successful chiropractor ever was BLIND!
- Getting chiropractic care doesn't hurt.