Miss Hilary's September Newsletter
Back to School and Having So Much Fun!
SPIRIT DAY/TUITION DUE: Aug. 31-Sep. 1
NO SCHOOL: Sept. 7 (Labor Day)
SCHOOL PICTURES: Sept. 17-18
- More details to come soon. If you want a picture taken by Lifetouch, you’ll drive your child to Crimson Point Clubhouse. Sibling and class pictures available.
NO PRESCHOOL: Sept. 24-25 (Babby Farms Field Trip; see schedule below)
- FALL CARNIVAL: @Schoolhouse Saturday, Oct. 17 from 10am-12pm
- NO SCHOOL: Oct. 22-23 (Parent Teacher Conferences)
- HALLOWEEN PARTIES IN CLASS: Oct. 29-30 (No costumes please)
UPCOMING FIELD TRIP: BABBY FARMS!
FIELD TRIP SCHEDULE:
- Sept. 24-25: No preschool either day because of field trip
- Sept. 25: All Miss Hilary's Classes meet at 12 p.m.
FIELD TRIP OUTLINE:
- Meet us at Babby Farms (5900 El Paso Rd, Caldwell, ID 83607)
You can get up close and personal at this petting zoo with their 130 animals from kangaroos to camels to lemurs! It's WORTH the 45-min. drive! :) We'll be there for about 1.5 hours together; feel free to stay longer if you like!
- What to wear: Sunshine shirts!
- Who can come: Your whole family of course! It's FREE!
- How long it will last: About 1.5 hrs.
Scholastic Book Clubs Deadline: Sunday Sep. 6
This month, you'll get a FREE 2-SIDED READING POSTER with your order + a FREE "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" book! And every time you place an order, your classroom gets a FREE book - thanks!
Welcome to Advanced Pre-K!
We have started the year with an All About Me unit and the students have had so much fun learning about each other and themselves. We have really enjoyed their first sharing times and the kids have done a great job standing up and sharing with the class. We started having our 'classroom helper of the day' this week and all of the students are very excited about their turn to help!
We started our Handwriting Without Tears workbooks and the students adjusted very well to sitting at tables for "kindergarten practice." I am a big believer in the benefits of this curriculum when it comes to both reading and math skills... and of course, handwriting! Your kids will come home and tell you that they worked on the muscles in their hands during "kindergarten practice." We also began singing several of the songs that go along with this curriculum. Ask your kids to sing for you at home!
In September we will be learning about apples in science and will make apple juice in class. We will also be learning about all of the fun animals we will see at Babby Farms. Our math centers will revolve around making patterns with shapes and the numbers 5 and 7. We will work on several letters in class and will be perfecting how we hold our pencil for successful writing! Your kids are already doing an amazing job at this. Please make sure when they use pencils, markers, or crayons at home they are holding them correctly. We want to cultivate good habits for Kindergarten success. If you would like me to go over the best way to pick up and hold a pencil with you, just ask! :)
Looking forward to seeing you all on our field trip to Babby Farms and please text, call, email, or stop by the classroom if you have any questions!