Linden Middle School
Dear LMS Families,
Greetings Linden Middle School Families. I hope everyone enjoyed the extended weekend and had time to spend with family and reflect on the true meaning of Labor Day. It is hard to believe but we are entering our 3rd week of school. Routines here at LMS are getting more efficient and the students are moving around the building like pro's. Please continue to stay up to date with your child's progress in their classes by checking Parent Vue often.
Important upcoming Dates
September 6 - Spring 2023 M-Step results sent home - Check with your student
September 8 - NWEA Fall testing window closes
September 11-15 - Homecoming Spirit Week
September 14 - Picture Retake Day
September 22 - No School - Staff Professional Development
Other Important information
- 6th grade student drop off/pick up is on the West side of the building near the MS Softball field
- 7th/8th grade drop off is at the main entrance of the building
- Doors to LMS do not open until 7:15 a.m.
- Please be patient and attentive while driving on the LCS campus during and after school hours We are a very busy campus with after school activities and community events, please help keep everyone safe by slowing down
- 8th Graders only: Washington D.C. trip October 5th-10th. Please contact Ms. McBride at email@example.com for more information
- 7th Graders only: Reminder that all 7th grade students must have up to date vaccinations/immunizations prior to the start of the school year. Waivers are available through the Genesee County Health Department
LMS Parent Group
We will continue to have parent meetings during the 2023-2024 school year. The focus will be school improvement and extra opportunities for LMS students. If you are interested in being part of this group please email me and I will add you to the distribution list. Look for the initial meeting to be held at LMS in October. firstname.lastname@example.org
Hailey McBride passed the football to LMS educator of the month, Courtney Stroud
Assistant Principal's Corner
A message from Mr. Belill
This year we will be putting into place field trip guidelines in order to reward students for good behaviors throughout the school year. Any student with 2 major discipline referrals will not be permitted to attend any field trip throughout the school year. Examples of major referrals would be fighting, possession of an illegal substance, disrespect, etc. Any student with 5 minor discipline referrals will not be permitted to attend any field trip with the discretion of an administrator. An example of a minor referral would be tardies, technology misuse, minor disrespect, etc.
We will also begin running athletic eligibility weekly starting this Thursday, September 7th. Any student athlete with 2 E's will be automatically ineligible, meaning they cannot play or practice until their grades are up to passing. Any student athlete with 1 E will be placed on a one week probationary period. If that grade is not up the following week to passing, they will be ineligible to play or practice.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions to me at email@example.com. Thank you and let's have a great year!