What's Happening ?? !!
~ Hawley Newsletter ~ January 26, 2018 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians,
Here's What's Happening at Hawley.......
- PTA Vendor Fair- Today, 1/26/18, 6:00-9:00 PM, Gym
- Weather Cancellations: If school closes early due to weather that includes all after school activities (PTA, Park and Rec, etc).
- Student Council selling Valentine's Day Carnations. Orders due by Wednesday, 1/31/18
- The Newtown Elementary School Counselors put out a periodic Newsletter. Click HERE for the Counselors' Winter Newsletter.
- Tissues: With the way Flu Season is going, we are going through tissues. If you are able to send in a spare box with your child it would be greatly.........Ah-Chooooooo....appreciated! (see more below)
Absences and Sickness
The absence letters that go home are form letters and are generated based solely on a number to inform parents of the amount of absences incurred. As per State law, the first 9 are at the parents discretion without explanation. After 9, to be an excused absence, documentation is required, so we send home the letters.
As I have stated at Open House, in my Principals's Message and numerous What's Happening Newsletters, this is not a cause for alarm. If I have a concern with the number of a student's absences, I will contact the family personally.
You can click HERE for the State Guidelines/Statutes.If you have any further questions please feel free to give me a call.
As I am sure you have seen and heard, the flu season is turning into a bad one. PLEASE keep students home that are sick to avoid the spread of germs to others. We will be taking advantage of the warm weekend to open windows and disinfect door knobs, desks, staff, etc.
Hawley Celebration of Learning
Dates to Remember
*Thurs, 2/1: Board of Ed Meeting- Budget Discussion and Vote
*Fri, 2/2: 2 Hr Delayed Opening for Teacher Professional Development
*Sat, 2/3: Winter Wonderland Ball
*Tues, 2/13: International Dessert Night, 6-7:30 pm
*Mon/Tues, 2/19-2/20: NO SCHOOL: Presidents Day Break
*Mon, 2/26: District Kindergarten Evening (for 2018-2019 new K students)