Resource Round-Up II
Ideas to get you started.
Get to Know You Zoom Activity Ideas
Just ideas to get you started!
Put these in Google Slides or PowerPoint to reference.
Zoom Tips and Tricks
Quick tips to help you!
Zoom Morning Meeting Activites
20 great ideas!
Getting Started with Writing
Daily journaling: Many grade levels already do this. Journaling is a great way to get kids to express themselves as well as use later as a reference for more directed writing projects.
- Sample of Journal lessons that build on each other
Read Aloud - Think and Respond
- Before/During/After reading a picture book or chapter aloud, give students prompts to reflect and write.
Watch a short video
- Sample video lesson from Missouri Writing Project (start at about 3:11, do the prompt, then go to 9:15) - Grades 4 and up
- Supporting Act - watch, ask students to write about the lesson or theme, how might the story be different if told from the Dad's perspective
- Kids love short films
- List of video links - these have reading skills attached
Use photos to get kids writing!