Truth & Transparency
Beautycounter's promise to you
Beautifully Crafted Products For a Pure and Beautiful You
It has become my personal mission to share with everyone I know the ugly truth behind the beauty care industry. What you will discover is shocking and will change the way you look at (and hopefully use) personal care products such as lotion, sunscreen, shampoo and moisturizer.
Below are just a few things you need to know in order to better protect yourself, your family, and all your loved ones. I've also shared with you below the significance of a magnificent new company, Beautycounter, and how it is different from what you may think it is. I'm confident you will be glad you read through what I have here for you.
Let's start with a few facts....
- There is no regulation of ingredients used in personal care products and cosmetics such as face creams, lotions, lipstick, sunscreen, even shampoo.
- The FDA does not test everyday personal care products for safety before they hit the market.
- The European Union has banned over 1,300 ingredients from use in their products; the United States, 11. No, that is not a type-o.
- Many companies do not list absolutely everything in their products on their labels and it's perfectly legal since no law requiring otherwise has passed since 1938.
- And this lack of regulation also applies to how companies market their products meaning anyone can put "natural," "organic," "safe," or even "paraben-free" on their labels and because there are no guidelines to meet first in order to do so, we really can't know what that means.
- Some common ingredients used in today's products are known to have harmful effects on our health (from moderate to severe) including learning disabilities, infertility, hormonal disruption and cancer.
- Just 40 years ago 1 in 20 women were diagnosed with cancer. Today, it is 1 in 3.
- Our skin is the body's largest organ and while its job is to protect, it is not resistant to penetration. What we put on our skin goes directly into our bodies, into our bloodstream and reaches other vital, internal organs- think of how a small patch on the butt can stop a woman from conceiving and a small patch on the arm can stop a smoker from smoking!
- As a result, babies are being born "pre-polluted" with 100's of synthetic chemicals and toxins found in their umbilical cord blood.
More about Beautycounter....
- Beautycounter is a company that has made it their mission to get safe and effective products into the hands of people everywhere in the US.
- Beautycounter has banned the use of 1,500 harmful ingredients from their products.
- Every ingredient used in their formulas has a purpose and every formula has been tested against the most stringent standards available.
- With a social mission at its core, Beautycounter is hoping to change the way products are designed, manufactured and sold in our society.
- Beautycounter is not "natural," it is SAFE. And it is not "chemical-free," it is FREE OF HARMFUL CHEMICALS. What that equals, is safety and effectiveness!
- Beautycounter's elegance will attract you and their mission will capture you. It's Whole Foods meets Chanel ;)
- Lastly, Beautycounter is a "B-Corporation" meaning they put people first, the planet second, and profit third.
We know you have high standards. We strive to surpass them. The bottom line is, we don't like fine print. We tell you the truth, we tell you everything. The choices we make today matter tomorrow. Together, we can put truth into beauty. By shopping with Beautycounter, you are joining the movement.
Wondering What Your Next Step Is?
Like so many things we come across in this crazy world of ours, what you learn about the beauty industry and even what Beautycounter is trying to do about it isn't meant to scare you (even though it might just a little). Our goal is not to make you want to wipe out your entire bathroom cabinet and start completely over with a whole new routine (even though you might want to). We simply want to share with you essential information so that you can make choices that are right for you and your loved ones. This is not about perfection, this is about progress.
I whole-heartedly believe that once you are introduced to the exceptionally safe and high performing products of Beautycounter, It will be the start of a beautiful relationship. :)
Still Want to Learn More?
Start with Beautycounter's "Never List" which you can find here. On that list you will find ingredients that we will never use in any of our products (and yes, some of them are very common) along with some information about what they are linked to that is harmful to our health.
Then, if you want to start looking at some of ingredients used in your current products, use the Environmental Work Group's website Skin Deep. Here you can also see here how your products themselves rate on a scale of 1-10 (1 being good, 10 being bad).