Lake City ES Parent Newsletter
May 1, 2020
Our school year is ending very differently than we'd imagined when we began in August. We recognize that the sudden change to digital learning as been an adjustment and required each of us to operate in new and different ways. Our district understands this challenge and has exercised compassion in support of our school communities. Some students need additional time to complete assignments during this transition.
Here are a few important details:
Last Day of School
- Last day of school for Clayton County Public Schools elementary students is Friday, May 8th.
- Last day of live instruction provided by teachers at LCE is Thursday, May 7th during the designated times noted below in our Digital Learning Schedule.
- Teachers will be available electronically Monday-Friday from May 8th through May 21, 2020 to answer questions and support students.
- Teachers will finalize grades later this month. Students may continue to submit completed assignments until May 21, 2020. Assignments can be completed online or on paper. If your child has completed work in a packet. You may take a picture of the assignment and email it to the teacher or upload it on Bloomz.
- Students in grades K-2 will receive either a Pass or Fail (and not a numeric grade) for Term 4.
- Students in grades 3-5 will receive a numeric grade or an I for Incomplete for Term 4.
- All K-5 students will also receive a final academic grade of P for Pass or I for Incomplete.
At this time CCPS staff are working remotely. When the school staff receives approval to work in the building, we will gather and organize students' belongings and communicate the process for returning those items to the family.
New Student Registration
Digital Learning Expectations
Lake City Spirit Shout Outs!
The following students received a Shout Out from their teacher for demonstrating effort and doing a great job with our digital learning. Our list keeps growing, so THANK YOU students for doing an awesome job!
Arlene Aguilar Alberto
Hen nasia Graves
Eder Reyes Chaverria
Kimberly Morales Palafox
Refunds for Field Trips
Telehealth Therapy Services
Our Counselor is Here to Help
Our school counselor, Ms. Lisa Whigham, is available to provide assistance for students and parents. She can be reached at email@example.com or through her Google Classroom.