Open Resources- K-8 ELA Curriculum
Informational Meeting on Iowa Core-aligned Curriculum by EL
Who Should Attend?
1. Administrators and/or Curriculum Directors looking for new materials
2. Administrators and/or Curriculum Directors who WILL be looking for new materials
3. Administrators and/or Curriculum Directors who currently don't have a cohesive, well-aligned
4. Teachers/instructional coaches who want to learn more about the ELA Open-Up
Resources from EL.
What is EL Curriculum?
- Free curriculum online
- 100% aligned to ELA Common Core
- Mission is to create classrooms where teachers can fulfill their highest aspirations, and students achieve more than they think possible, becoming active contributors to building a better world.
- Focus on 3 main areas: Mastery of knowledge & skills, Character and High-quality student work.
Testimonies of schools using EL Curriculum
Dr. Stacey Cole, former Curriculum Director- Fort Dodge, CSD
A.D. Oliver Middle School, Brockport, NY
Our coaches helped language arts teachers learn to engage students and accurately assess their progress, resulting in remarkable reading proficiency gains.
Ida Jew Academies, San Jose, CA
We provided intensive coaching for novice teachers and a curriculum designed for equity. Literacy scores for English Language Learners and economically disadvantaged students soared.
Scintilla Charter Academy, Valdosta, GA
Our model for engaged, purposeful learning, and our language arts curriculum helped this charter school elementary outpace the reading achievement of peers in its district and state.
Centennial: A School for Expeditionary Learning, Denver, CO
Our strategic planning with leaders and professional development for teachers helped this elementary school create a culture in which students produce high-quality work.
Empower your students to achieve more than they thought possible by adopting our unique approach to curriculum, instruction, culture and character, assessment, and leadership.
Work alongside our experts in a multi-year partnership engineered to maximize your school’s unique potential. We provide strategic planning, premium resources, professional development, and coaching, for leaders and teachers.
More than 150 schools in 30 states are a part of our school network. Students in our credentialed EL Education schools excel in multiple dimensions of student achievement: math and reading assessments, character, and high-quality student work.
Informational Meeting on EL Curriculum
Thursday, Jan. 10th 2019 at 9am-3pm
500 Northeast 6th Street
9:00-11:30 Review of the K-5 ELA Curriculum
12:30-3:00 Review of the 6-8 ELA Curriculum