Pioneer Family Communication
Week of March 6, 2023 - March 13, 2023
Updates from the Pioneer Leadership Team
Welcome back! After snow days and power outages we hope that everyone is safe. This week will be an exciting week at Pioneer. March is reading month and many of our clubs and organizations are promoting reading throughout the community. March is also Women's History Month and our Pioneer Organizations are creating bulletin boards throughout the building.
In February we celebrated and embraced Black History Month. On Friday, March 10, our Pioneer BSU will be hosting the annual Black History Month Assembly! Thank you to Mr. Copeland and the entire BSU for all you do.
Have a great week Pioneer!
For Pioneer Public Events please CLICK HERE to register for the google calendar.
Pioneer Leadership Team
Ms. Britton, Dr. Hyliard, Ms. Claar, Mr. Hudson, Ms. Bullinger
Pioneer Administrative Team Contacts
9th & 11th Grade - Dr. Hyliard - firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletic Director - Ms. Claar - email@example.com
10th & 12th Grade - Mr. Hudson - firstname.lastname@example.org
9th Grade Dean - Ms. Bullinger - email@example.com
Great News at Pioneer
Pioneer 2023 National Merit Finalists
Congratulations to the following Pioneer Students for being recognized as National Merit Finalists!
1. Arjun Bajaj
2. Elliott E. Besirli
3. Connor J. Casey
4.Ryan Y. Hong
6. David Lu
7. Maya I. Mustata
8. Soren F. Newman-Taylor
9. Avi N. Patel
10. Kai A. Sylvester
11. Holden K. Tsai
12. Sakthi Vijay
13. Sonia A. Walter
14. Ryan H. Wang
SEAL OF BILITERACY - AAPS
IMPORTANT DATES - PIONEER
Bon Voyage Committee
The Bon Voyage Committee is seeking sponsors for this amazing event for our seniors! If you own, work for or know of a local business or organization that might want to support the party that keeps our seniors safe on graduation night, please contact Jenny Silva at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the PTSO Facebook page and/or Instagram account to stay up-to-date on Bon Voyage and all things Pioneer.
PIONEER BELL SCHEDULE
Pioneer Testing Updates
MME Spring Testing
The following MME exams will be given to ALL Pioneer Students in 9th - 11th Grades. All students are registered.
*SAT w/essay - 4/12/23 - Class of 2024
*ACT WorkKeys+ - 4/13/23 - Class of 2024
*M-STEP - Dates TBD - Class of 2024
PSAT 10 - 4/12/23 - Class of 2025
PSAT 9 - 4/13/23 - Class of 2026
Questions? Email Dr. Hyliard - email@example.com
Tentative Spring Testing Schedule - April 12 & April 13, 2023
Reminders: Where to find resources for students and families
- Community Resources webpage: a2schools.org/communityresources. We update this page regularly with new resources. Feel free to share with families!
- Community Resources email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any staff person can use this email if you have a question about where to find a resource for a student or family in the community.
Social Service and Partner Resources
- Have a family or student in need of food? Check Food Gatherers!
- Food Gatherers is the hub for food resources. Families and staff can call their office for help with food needs. FG can help connect families to food pantries and/or provide emergency food kits. foodgatherers.org/foodresources/ “FIND FOOD”
- Does a student need medical or mental health services? Try RAHS
- The RAHS Clinics, located at Pioneer, Pathways and Scarlett, are open and available to ANY student, not just those who attend those schools.
- RAHS can help families and students who are under insured or have no insurance.
- Some services RAHS offers: Nutrition Services, Vision/Dental, Confidential Mental Health Services and Psychotherapy.
- See flyers for details: Pathways, Pioneer, Scarlett.
- Questions about RAHS? Staff can reach out to AAPS Health and Wellbeing Coordinator Elyse Bairley: email@example.com
- Have a family who needs help completing online applications for SNAP, medical benefits or other assistance?
- You can send them to the U-M Public Benefits Advocacy Project.
- Flyer here.
- Have a Grandparent or other relative raising a Grandchild?
ACTION @ PIONEER - READY TO LEAD! - HERE TO ASSIST!
Upperclassmen Leadership Meeting is every Tuesday during early lunch in C311.
PIONEER COUNSELING LINKS
*Please report to the Counseling Office if you have a gap in your schedule, you have a class that you have already had, or you have a class scheduled twice.
*Please DO NOT report to the Counseling Office during the week of 8/29/22 for course requests. Counselors are handling all changes via the electronic form linked above.