The Avery Pulse
November 12th, 2023
- November 13th - November 17th - Food Drive competition! (more information below)
- November 13th - Late Start
- November 14th & 16th - Parent Teacher Conferences (sign ups below)
- November 13th-17th - Scholastic Book Fair (more information below)
- November 13th - Avery Parents for Equity Meeting @ 6:30pm
- November 20th - Picture Retake Day
- November 20th - Tacky Day - Wear Red & White (Kirkwood Colors)
- November 21st - Webster Groves Spirit Wear Day - Wear Black & Orange!
- November 22nd-24th - No School - Thanksgiving Break
- November 27th - Late Start
- December 11th - Late Start
- December 21st - Winter Parties @ 1:45pm
- December 22nd-January 3rd - No School - Winter Break
- January 4th - School Resumes
- January 15th - No School (MLK Holiday)
Add our calendar to your device!
A Note from Dr. Peterson
Hello Avery Families!
Can you believe we are already in the middle of November? This school year is cruising right along. Given the business few weeks ahead, I've captured the specifics of 'need to know' items below:
- Late Start - November 13th
- Book Fair - November 13th -17th (details below)
- Food Drive Competition - November 13th - November 17th (click here for more information)
- Parent Teacher Conferences - November 14th & November 16th (sign ups here)
- Picture Retake Day - November 20th
- Tacky Day (Wear Kirkwood Red & White) - November 20th
- Spirit Day (Wear Webster Orange & Black) - November 21st
- Thanksgiving Break - November 22nd-24th
- Late Start - November 27th
I think the above information gets us through November!
Please reach out if you have any questions!
Hannah Peterson, Ed.D.
🌟 📚 Book Fair This Week! 📚🌟
Remember, the Book Fair runs Monday through Friday this week!
Kindle the love for reading!
Book Fair Hours are:
- Monday, November 13th | 8:50 am - 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, November 14th | 7:40 am - 7:30 pm
- Wednesday, November 15th | 7:40 am - 6:00 pm
- Thursday, November 16th | 7:40 am - 7:30 pm
- Friday, November 17th | 7:40 am - 6:00pm
Picture Retake Day Information
AVERY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Absentee/Retake Day Picture Day is:
Monday, November 20, 2023
Wagner Portrait Group will be at school to photograph any students who were absent on the initial picture day or any student that needs his/her picture retaken.
If you are having a picture taken as a RETAKE, please make sure your student returns their package in its entirety, including the package insert sheet, to the photographer on retake day.
(Feel free to attach a note to describe what you’d like us to do differently.)
Online Pre-Order Password: 9H8Z8T6S
Can’t order online or have other questions? We are happy to help! 314-567-5900
Thank you for your help to prepare for a great picture day! We appreciate you!
Avery Parents for Equity November Meeting
Avery Parents for Equity, a sub-committee of the PTO that focuses on cultivating a sense of belonging for all students and families at Avery, will meet on Monday, Nov. 13, from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the Avery Library. Childcare will be available for elementary-age students.
The group is in the process of nailing down our priorities for the year. We invite you to join us to learn more and see where you might like to be involved.
Questions? Contact Julia Maki and Libby Dowdall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REPEATED INFORMATION BELOW
Equity in Action Committee Community Recognition
The Webster Groves School District's Equity in Action Committee values and encourages peer-to-peer recognition for equity work. Last year, the EIA just developed and launched a Community Recognition initiative, which provides an opportunity for members of the community to recognize individuals (i.e. students, teachers, parents, friends, community members, etc.), schools, businesses, and organizations who make everyday contributions towards creating and cultivating a culture of dignity that values all human beings within the WGSD. To learn more about this opportunity and to make a recognition, please go to Community Recognition. The deadline is November 17, 2023 and April 19, 2024.
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Arrival from 7:40-7:50 AM
Carpool drop-off only in front of school – parents to remain in vehicles with staff members assisting students
Families walking students to school will say goodbye at the external doors
No parking during arrival
Staff members will supervise at the curb
This entrance will be utilized for bus arrival
- Atalanta Avenue
We strongly encourage families to travel only from Bompart towards Glen to alleviate congestion and increase safety
No parking on sidewalks
Staff members will supervise at the curb
Kindergarten and First grades will dismiss out front
Third and Fourth grades will dismiss along the side
Secure Vestibule Entrance (located on Bompart)
Second and Fifth grades will dismiss out front
Back Parking Lot
Staff parking only
No entrance or exit from 2:20-2:50
Want to make a submission to The Avery Pulse?
To qualify for direct distribution to students and families, the
information must be:
- district-sponsored information
- something from a group affiliated* with the district.
- curriculum-related, as determined by the principal, including programs, events, contests and other activities.
*Affiliated is defined as a group recognized by the Board of Education and working
group created soley to work with district staff, students and parents
to raise fund for district activities (PTOs, booster clubs, the
Regarding signs, only signs for school or district groups (sponsored
or affiliated) can be placed on school grounds.
You can read the board policy here
If you are a non-profit organization that doesn't qualify for direct distribution to students and families, you can contact Derek Duncan (email@example.com) who is our Director of Communication and he will ensure that your flyer is posted on the community electronic bulletin.
If your information fits the above criteria, you can make a submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions are due on Thursdays at 5pm