Blair Oaks High School ~ January 12, 2018
"RACS" -- Rape & Abuse Crisis Service
- Who: Students in grades 8th - 11th interested in HS Cheer
- What: Learn how to stunt with Coach Lackman
- When: Wednesdays, 3:15 – 4:30 p.m., Starting 1/17/18
- Where: High School Cafeteria
- Why: Learn New Skills & Perfect Old Skills
Questions? Contact Coach Lackman
(firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-338- 2703)
Archery at Blair Oaks!
BOHS Archery Club had a terrific first tournament at Helias to start off the season. At the January 6th event:
- Team 1 took 3rd place, and Team 2 took 8th place!
- Savanna Koetting and Jeremy Stockman took 1st in the high school girls'/boys' division!
- Kamryn Twehus took 2nd place!
- 6 of our archers were in the top 10!
Our archers had a great time! Our first-year archers did a wonderful job!
STUDENTS OF THE MONTH
| || |
February 2018 --- Registration!
The first week of February, we will go into the classrooms to assist students in completing their Personal Plan of Study in preparation for registration for next year's classes. The following week, students will enter their class choices into PowerSchool. Be on the look out for your student's PPS so you can discuss their choices.
Sophmores --- Win a Trip to CYCLE
- The Cooperative Youth Conference & Leadership Experience (CYCLE) is a program sponsored by Missouri’s Electric Cooperatives. The focus is to provide students with an inside look at Missouri State Government, teach leadership skills, and learn more about electric cooperatives. You will have the opportunity to make new friends, take exclusive tours, and attend keynote presentations and other events.
- Date: July 18-20 at the Doubletree Hotel in Jefferson City
- Applications can be picked up in the counseling office.
Juniors --- 2018 Youth Tour Essay Contest
Enter the 2018 Youth Tour Essay Contest to win a week-long trip to Washington D.C. Deadline is January 31, 2018. Write a 300-500 word essay on the theme “People Helping People-The Electric Cooperative Story”. For rules and regulations, and just more information see the counseling office.
Senior Parents --- FAFSA Reminder
- FAFSA: Free Application for Student Aid
- Missouri's priority deadline is February 1st
FAFSA Frenzy at Columbia College
MU Mini Med School
The University of Missouri - School of Medicine offers an exciting and informative one-week summer experience for high school students interested in a career in medicine.
The program includes:
- Hands-on experience in anatomy, suturing, and clinical skills
- Introduction to MU’s innovative patient-based learning (PBL) curriculum
- Seminars on college and medical school entrance and medical school life
- Special sessions with clinical and research specialists
- Meaningful interactions with current medical students, faculty, and staff
Mini Med School is intended for students who will begin their senior year in the fall of 2018. Cost to of attendance is $600. Scholarships are available. Interested high school juniors can find more application information at our website, link here. Applications will be available by January 12, 2018 and should be submitted electronically. The application deadline is March 1, 2018.
| || |
January 12 - Winterfest assembly, 1:45 p.m.
January 13 - Winterfest dance, ES gym, 8:00 - 11:00 p.m.
January 15 - No school, MLK, Jr birthday
February 16 - No school, teacher in-service
February 19 - No school, Presidents' day
February 21 - Sophomore ring meeting
February 27 - NHS Induction
February 28 - March 1 - Ring orders due