Bellevue West HAL
Support Services and Communication for Students and Parents
Need to Know
- UNMC Healthcare Career Speaker
Here is some information that was shared by Mr. Channing Bunch, Director of Recruitment and Student Engagement at UNMC (contact information below).
1. Presentation Notes where Mr. Bunch guides you through what you need to do in high school and during your first few years of college to prepare for a career in healthcare.
2. Information regarding summer sessions offered by UNMC Community Academy. There is information on dates and a link to the online application.
3. Information regarding the High School Alliance: A Health Science Enrichment Program offered at UNMC where students attend classes every afternoon during the academic year on the UNMC campus. The application process occurs between January-March for the next school year. Transportation from West is not provided. We have had several students from West participate in this worthwhile program.
- GPS Services
- Peer Tutors Needed!
We have had a great response from the teachers about our new peer tutoring program. This means that we are in great need of peer tutors. If you are interested but missed the meetings, you should contact Mrs. Brewer or Mrs. Menard or come to room 351 during GPS. If you are already approved to be a tutor, please utilize the google doc that was shared with you to sign up for an available day(s) to tutor.
Form to attend GALLUP speaker during GPS on Wednesday, April 8.
- Gallup Speaker-Internship and Computer Technology Careers Gallup will have a speaker here on Wednesday, April 8, during gps to discuss a summer internship opportunity and other technology careers. Fill out the form above or the form sent to your school email if you would like to attend.
- Engineering Open House on UNL Innovation Campus: Friday, April 17
Check out the following link for a description of this event: UNL Engineering Open House
If this is something you are interested in attending, download and print the permission slip, fill out and turn into Mrs. Menard in room 366. This event is limited to the first 30 students who submit the completed permission slip.
The deadline for signing up is Wednesday, April 8. Click here for the PERMISSION SLIP
- Below is a schedule of the AP tests that will begin the first week of May.
It is never too early to begin preparing for these tests. The Health Room (room 351) is available during gps if you and a group of your friends would like to hold AP study sessions. Just see Mrs. Menard (room 366) or Mrs. Brewer (room 115) for a pass to excuse you from your gps.
Monday, May 4: Chemistry (AM) and Psychology (PM)
Tuesday, May 5: Calculus AB and Calculus BC (AM)
Wednesday, May 6: English 12: Literature and Composition (AM) and Physics 1 (PM)
Thursday, May 7: Computer Science A (AM)
Friday, May 8: US History (AM)
Monday, May 11: Biology (AM)
Tuesday, May 12: Government (AM)
Wednesday, May 13: English 11: Language and Composition (AM) and Statistics (PM)
Thursday, May 14: World History (AM)
- ACT/SAT Information
-register on www.actstudent.org
-SAT Test Dates: 5/2 (register by 4/6), 6/6 (register by 5/8)
-register on sat.collegeboard.org
-Online Test Preparation
www.mystudentedge.com (code: NWPPHCWP)
We do have a computer program for SAT/ACT preparation that was donated by a fellow HAL student. See Mrs. Menard or Mrs. Brewer if you would like to check it out.