Teaching Exceptional Children
Why you should subscribe to this journal from the CEC
What does that mean?
- Pluralizing Methodologies in the Field of LD (Learning Disabilities Quarterly)
- Specific Reading Disabilities in Chinese, English, or Both: Longitudinal Markers of Phonological Awareness, Morphological Awareness, and RAN in Hong Kong Chinese Children (Journal of Learning Disabilities)
- Growing STEM as a Pathway to the Future;
- Understanding STEM Education and Supporting Students Through Universal Design for Learning; and ...
Helping Students Succeed Within Secondary-Level STEM Content
Using the "T" in STEM to Improve Literacy Skills
Problems with current, typical STEM education:
- The Endless Lecture
- Basic Literacy Struggles
- Limited Relevance to Students' Lives
- Lack of Instruction Designed to Students' Needs
Practical Advice on How to Create Solutions
- Using Content Acquisition Podcasts
Links to videos on
- Sample CAPs
- How to use PowerPoint to create your own CAPs
CAP-4-STEM Four-Part Model
- Identify the morphemes and root words
- Prepare a student-friendly definition for each word part
- Determine student-friendly definition of word in STEM context
- Use clear and vivid images to help improve learning and retention
Why did I choose this article?
- Practical, immediately useful
- Direct tie-in to our chapter on strategies for teaching math to students with SLD!
How can I subscribe to this fabulous journal?
Join the Council for Exceptional Children!
Memberships from $71 - $200 in WI
Includes subscriptions to 2 journals
See http://www.cec.sped.org/Membership/Benefits-of-Membership?sc_lang=en for more information!