OMS Family Newsletter
9.9.2020 - Parent & Student Edition
Thank you for such a great beginning to the school year! Our students have done a fantastic job following the new procedures and protocols at OMS. We appreciate you partnering with us to reinforce the importance of social distancing, mask-wearing, and hand washing. Beginning on the week of September14th, we will welcome all of our students into the building on a daily basis! Please note that 9/16 will be our first delayed start Wednesday. The school building will open to students beginning at 10 am and they will report directly to 1st hour. We are excited to see all of our students together and look forward to our continued partnership.
Mrs. Dacia Beazley, Principal
Virtual Curriculum Night
Each staff member will create a short video for you to view prior to the live zoom schedule below. This video will be located on their HAIKU page under "Course Information". Make sure you can get to Haiku before Tuesday night! Your children's Haiku page will work as well.
Our teachers will also hold Live Zoom Sessions to answer any questions that you may still have after watching the video. Please use this link to create your Virtual Curriculum Night Schedule!
Feeling under the weather?
Did I take my temperature and am ready to follow the Family Pledge?
Students sent home for the above-mentioned symptoms must be 24-hours symptom/fever free to return to school. Additionally, they must meet ONE of the following qualifications to return:
- Ten calendar days of self-isolation OR
- A doctor's note with an alternate diagnosis OR
- A negative COVID test
Questions regarding attendance? Contact Ms. Barkman at (248) 969-1804.
Parking Lot Procedures
Thank you for doing such a great job following our parking lot procedures. As a reminder, students may begin entering the building at 7:30 am and must be picked up by 3 pm.
The arrows indicate the directional flow of traffic during student drop off.
Blue arrows indicate the drop off zone for students.
When you pull into the blue arrow drop off zone, please pull as far ahead as you can before having your student exit the vehicle.
*Do not pull up to the main building walkway and stop if there is space ahead*
Only buses are permitted to drop off by the front office area.
Food Service - Breakfast & Lunch
This week the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) has approved the continuation of its “Summer Feeding Program”. Every student will receive free breakfast and lunch if they choose to eat at school. Any funds on your “Send Money to School” accounts will remain in your account until the USDA concludes this program. Our current understanding is this program may continue into December.
Breakfast and lunch can be ordered during your child's advisory class. We encourage you to order ahead of time using the "Pre-Order Lunch Menu" option on the Nutrislice app. Upon checkout, it will require you to pick a lunchtime for pick-up. Please reference the list below.
- Lunch A Blue (6th Grade Blue)
- Lunch A Gold (6th Grade Gold)
- Lunch B Blue (7th Grade Blue)
- Lunch B Gold (7th Grade Gold)
- Lunch C Blue (8th Grade Blue)
- Lunch C Gold (8th Grade Gold)
- Visitors will not be allowed in the building this year.
- If you need to speak to a counselor, teacher, or administrator please call or email the staff member directly to set up a phone call or virtual meeting.
- All staff contact information is located on the middle school website. https://oxfordmiddle.oxfordschools.org/staff_directory
- If you need to pick-up your child early from school, please call 248-969-1800 when you arrive at OMS and wait in your car for further instruction.
- If your child arrives late to school, please send your child to the main office door (door #14) by themselves to sign-in. Parents, please leave a message on the attendance line (248-969-1891) to excuse your child’s absence/tardiness.
- Please avoid bringing items to your child during the school day, except for in the case of an emergency.
September 10th: 7 pm
October 8th: 7 pm
November 12th: 7 pm
HR Imaging Customer Service: https://www.hrimaging.com/ ~ 815-433-1766.
Picture day at OMS was last week. Students will receive their student ID in the next few weeks.
Picture retake day & the 8th Grade Class Photo are scheduled for October 13, 2020. The plan is to social distance in the outdoor bleachers for the Class of 2025 photo this year!
Please click here to view current information regarding football, girls basketball, cross country, and cheerleading.
Cross Country (6th, 7th, 8th grade)
Sign up for notifications:
code to join is: 93RJ26, or text @93RJ26 to 1-858-256-6691
Practices are every day after school until 3:50 p.m.
Moisture- Wicking Clothing
Large Full Water Bottle
(7th and 8th grade)
6th Graders weighing over 145 lbs. are welcome to play.
Week 1 Schedule
3:00-4:30 p.m. Conditioning
3:00-5:00 p.m. Conditioning
3:00-5:00 p.m. Conditioning
*Practices will run from 3:00-5:00 p.m. MTWRF for weeks 2, 3 and 4*
*Practices will take place at the OMS football field
Girdle Pad w/ knee pads-$35
(7th and 8th grade)
Rachel Bryer Rachel.email@example.com
Nina Dinges firstname.lastname@example.org
Jake Trotter Jake.Trotter@oxfordschools.org
*Practices will take place in the OMS gym*
(6th, 7th, and 8th grade)
Kinsey Harvey email@example.com
Cheer tryouts will begin the week of 9/15/2020
Tryout times TBD
*Once teams are formed, all practices will take place at Oxford High School*
- At this time, clubs are postponed