Bye Bye, H2O? 💦💦
By:Jorge Hernandez, Aaron Jin, Ryan Shimizu, Youssef Shehata
An average American uses about 80-100 gallons of water per day. Wow! An average American uses about 17 gallons of water for showering purposes per day, and a person uses about 1 gallon of water if we turn the water off when we brush our teeth. However, we use about 4 gallons when we leave the water going. California uses a total of 38 billion gallons of water every single day(including reservoirs and canals). Californians use water mainly for house purposes(toilets, washing, drinking, showers) and agricultural purposes.
- Make compost from the things you throw away so you don't have to water your plants as often.
- Only run the dishwasher when it is full so you won't have to wash the dishes as much.
- Turn off the faucet after you wet your toothbrush and fill your cup to rinse.
- Don't be that one guy who takes 30 minute showers, it's annoying and wasteful
- Only water your plants when they need it, more plants die from being over hydrated than being dehydrated