Summer is just around the corner! v1(4)
Calling all Proctors!
I put in a work order...now what?
Once you have submitted a work order, our tech team will reach out to you, usually with a phone call. Most of the time, we will be unable to help you if you are not at your computer. Some issues can be resolved via remote desktop; others will require a member of the Tech Team to meet with you in person. Currently, the Tech Team will make three attempts to contact you. If they are unable to get a hold of you after 3 attempts, the work order will be closed and you will be asked to resubmit when you have time. Once you have submitted a work order, you are welcome to call the KATE office to set up a time to meet with the Tech Team. We will just need to connect!
And you are always welcome to call the KATE office at 5360 for assistance with immediate and classroom issues!
Want to use a laptop cart? Need to use a lab?
Here is a list of what is available:
- Room 1003--this lab has a BYOD instructor station with 47 participant computers available.
- Room 1005--this lab has a desktop instructor station with 24 participant computers.
- Laptop carts--we have two laptop carts with 30 laptops each.
- Chromebook cart--we have one cart with 30 Chromebooks.
- Laptop cart--we have one laptop cart with 30 laptops available for use in Carr Health.
Keep the Classrooms and Labs running.....
Don't forget to turn off the lights and shut the door when you are done using the labs--especially after hours! This helps keep the labs secure and ready for the next group of students.
Let us know if there is a problem
What if I have a virus?
If you do have the misfortune of "catching" a computer virus, be prepared to check your computer into KATE. Cleaning up might take a few days; we have loaner computers to help you through!
The end is nigh...
Please contact KATE at 5360 with questions. Missy will be happy to help!