April 30, 2021
LOTS of information has gone out this week! Please make sure you have read all of the important details about Past-Due Band Fees, 21-22 Band Registration, Student Leadership Team Applications, Letter Jacket Fittings, and other upcoming events.
Save the Date(s)
- End-of-Year Celebration and Award Ceremony (details to come) - Saturday, May 22nd 8-10pm.
- Spring Band Concert (audience welcome and encouraged!) - Thursday, May 27th
In order to prepare for our spring concert, we will have limited after school rehearsals beginning May 3rd. The Varsity Band will rehearse Mondays and the Non-Varsity Band will rehearse Tuesdays 3:30-5:30pm.
Past Due Band Fees
Unfortunately, fees are a necessary part of our band program. Without collecting student fees, we would not have the resources to provide our students with a high quality band experience. Our funding simply does not cover all of the expenses that are required for our program. We try to keep our fees as low as we can, while also trying to make our students as successful as we can. We ask that you please double check that your are current with your fees.
This year's fees:
- All students are responsible for these fees, virtual and F2F.
- Fees are now past due.
- All students were charged a $200 activity fee.
- Students with a school owned instrument, including percussion, were charged a $100 instrument fee.
- These fees were charged to students' Skyward accounts and must be paid online through Skyward. If need be, payments can be made by cash or check in the band hall. Checks must be made payable to "LCHS" with "Band Fees" and student ID # in the memo line.
If you still owe fees from last school year:
- Those fees were charged through our former data management system CutTime.
- Payments may be made online by logging in to your CutTime account or by sending cash or check made out to "LCHS Band Boosters."
As we approach the end of the year, past due fees may result in the school withholding items such as graduation tickets and/or report cards. If you have any specific questions or concerns about amounts owed or methods of payment, please email Mr. Hudler.
2021-2022 Registration is Open!
Please follow this link below to see the steps for registering for band for the next school year. Once again, we will be handling the majority of our registration process virtually, but we will need paper forms turned in this year. Pdf's of our forms are available on our website and through the registration link below for students to print at home. Printed copies are also available in the band hall and can be picked up by students during their class time or after school on rehearsal days.
The first step of registration, the Registration Google Form, is due Tuesday, May 11th.
Student Leadership Team Applications
In addition to the Band Staff and Booster organization, it takes a dedicated group of student leaders to make our program function at its best. We encourage any student who is curious about any leadership position, whether it is drum major, squad leader, librarian, loading crew or uniform captain, to go through the process and apply.
Applications are due Monday, May 10th.
Find everything you need to apply for a leadership position here.
Letter Jacket Fittings
- Friday, May 14th during lunch, or
- Saturday May 15th 11am-1pm.
Students will also need to bring a completed Letter Jacket Order Form with them to the fitting. Those forms will be made available by the letter jacket company soon.
Find the official band calendar on the home page of our band website. We encourage families and students to sync the band calendar to your personal calendar to help keep track of our busy schedule.
We strongly encourage all members of the band to take advantage of private lesson opportunities this year. Lessons are incredibly beneficial to every student from Concert Band to the Wind Ensemble. They help students grow and improve individually, which is the best and fastest way for our band to grow and improve as an organization. This week the band staff will be reaching out to families who expressed interest in private lessons to help set them up and answer any questions. More information about private lessons can be found on our band website along with student applications and contact information for our amazing private lessons staff.