Newton Rayzor Elementary Newsletter
November 30- December 4
Dear Newton Rayzor Families,
I hope that everyone had an enjoyable, safe Thanksgiving Break.
This week we will have Picture Retake Day on Friday, December 4th. Our Connected Learners who would like to get their picture retaken or missed the first opportunity will be able to come to the front of school from 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. All Face-to-Face Learners will take pictures that morning. Pictures will be taken in the computer lab. Connected Learners may park in the side parking lot or at First Denton.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to our front office at 940-369-3700. We are here to help!
You can also reach us at:
Cecilia Holt: email@example.com
Shelly Panter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Alfaro: email@example.com
4- Lifetouch Retakes Pictures
7- Team Leader Meeting
14- Decision Makers Meeting 3:20
14- Virtual Faculty Meeting
21- January 1st- Winter Break
Every Friday is NRE Spirit Day. Try to stay connected by showing your spirit with us on these days. Newton Rayzor school colors are yellow and black.
If your child or someone in your household is out with the COVID symptoms noted below or has had close contact with COVID-19, please keep them home when we return from Thanksgiving break, follow CDC guidance for isolation, and reach out to your child’s doctor and Nurse Makinzie at firstname.lastname@example.org before returning to school.
Resources for free COVID testing in the area (not required for return):
- Denton County Public Health: Tuesdays and Fridays from 8-12 at various locations. Call 940-349-2585 to register.
- Health Services of North Texas: Monday – Friday from 1:30-3:30 at 4304 Mesa Drive, Denton, Texas, 76207. Walk-in testing location.
- Visit the following site for more information about testing at a drive-thru location at the Golden Triangle Mall. https://www.gogettested.com/
1. Fever or chills
3. Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
5. Muscle or body aches
7. New loss of taste or smell
8. Sore throat
9. Congestion or runny nose
10. Nausea or vomiting
Bus Rider Information:
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
The Transportation Department has taken many steps to keep your students safe and healthy while riding to campus, especially during the current time of COVID-19. We take the care and transportation of all students very seriously, especially during these uncertain times.
Please remind your student to:
- “Mask Up” while on the bus, wearing their mask at all times
- Use the hand sanitizer we provide when entering and exiting the bus
- Remain in their assigned seat
- Scan your Universal Student ID when getting on and off the bus
Our team has worked to establish and follow the Safety and Health Protocols based on guidance form Denton County Health Services, and the Centers for Disease Control. Unfortunately, students who do not comply, risk removal from our services.
I hope you and your family have a great break, and please do not hesitate to call me directly if you have any questions.
Director of Transportation
Notes for Student Absences
Denton ISD is no longer using campus email accounts to submit absence notes. Please click on the link below to submit an absence note for your student.
Denton ISD Student Support Services