About Snowboard Cross
Facts About Snowboard Cross
1) American Lindsey Jacobellis is a favorite.
2) Lindsey Jacobellis's mistake was Tanja Frieden's gain
3) The U.S. missed out on having a second rider on the podium at the 2010 Vancouver Games when Nate Holland ultimately crashed in the big final
4) At the 2010 Vancouver Games, Canada's Maelle Ricker made the big final in women's snowboard cross for the second straight Olympics
5) Expected at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, Lindsey Jacobellis' hopes for victory were once again derailed by a crash
6) The number of athletes racing head-to-head in each snowboard cross heat can vary between contests
8) No two snowboard cross courses are alike
7) Following an ACL tear in January 2012, Lindsey Jacobellis spent about a year and half off the snow
9) Only one American male has won a World Cup snowboard cross event this season
10) Overcoming a broken collarbone he suffered in December at the first World Cup event, Nate Holland returned to the course
Maelle Ricker is a four time winning gold medalist. She was born December 2, 1978. She is currently competing for Canada.
Jasey-Jay Anderson is a five time winning gold medalist. He was born April 13, 1975. He is currently competing for Canada.
Torah Bright is a three time winning gold medalist. She was born December 27, 1986. She is currently competing for Australia.