Peek at the Week
Week of April 29th-May 3rd
*May is here which means things continue to get busier! Please remember to check the Southview calendar for upcoming events before scheduling any trips or activities.
*May 1st is Parent Council's Spring Carnival- Please consider volunteering some time (see Sara Lollar) or bringing your own family since this is Parent Council's biggest fundraiser of the year. These funds go to support our students and classrooms.
*If you haven't already done so, the volunteer breakfast sign-up is below. Remember that all staff is invited to the breakfast too.
Student Support Plans
This Week at Southview...
Monday, April 29th (Day 1)
- Welcome back to our Queen's Teacher Candidates!
- PCAP (Gallupe Grade 8)
- Earth Day Clean-Up (Junior classes-organized by Mrs. Hall)
Tuesday, April 30th (Day 2)
- Junior Basketball Touranment #1
- Joanne away @ NDSS for am
Wednesday, May 1st (Day 3)
- Stephanie Sartor visiting @ 10 am
- Grade 7 Immunizations -Library closed for the day
- Shannon away pm @ PD
- Parent Council Spring Carnival 5-8 pm -please see Sara Lollar if you are able to volunteer
- Staff Zumba @ 3:45 Outside
Thursday, May 2nd (Day 4)
- Grade 8s to NDSS for orientation
Friday, May 3rd (Day 5)
- Dress Loud for hearing awareness spirit day!
Upcoming Events and Special Days
May 6-10~ Math Week
May 6~ Jr Basketball Tournament #2
May 6~ Queen's Intro to Schools Placements begin
May 7~ Kindergarten Open House
May 8~ Celebration of Dance (Junior)
May 8~ Jr Basketball Tournament #3
May 10~ Volunteer Breakfast @ 8:30
May 10~ Walk for Water
May 11~ Staff Blue Jays game!!
May 14~ Staff Meeting
May 16~ School Track and Field Meet for Grades 3-8
May 16~ Kinder gymnastics trip
May 17~ PA Day
May 20~ Victoria Day
May 22-May 24~Grade 3 EQAO
May 28-May 30~ Grade 6 EQAO