What's up in 2D!
Weekly happenings in the life of a second grader
Lunch Room Helpers!
November 1st - Report Cards sent home!
November 3rd- Daylight Saving Time Ends
November 4th- 8th - Scholastic Book Fair
November 8th- Grandparents' Day
November 21st - Thanksgiving Feast!
2. We will not laugh at or make fun of a person's mistakes nor use sarcasm or put downs!
3. We will use good manners saying, "please," "thank you," and "excuse me," and allow others to go first.
4. We will cheer each other to SUCCESS!
5. We will help one another whenever possible!
6. We will recognize every effort and applaud it!
7. We will encourage each other to do our best!
8. We will practice virtuous living using the life principles!
The Life Principles
2. Effort -doing one's best in an endeavor. Ask your learner if they are giving their best effort at school!
3. Compassion: ability to share another's feelings or ideas.
4. Respect - paying proper attention or showing consideration to others.
5. Common Sense- thinking before acting, using good judgement
You are a genius and the world needs your contribution!
Here's what we need to KNOW!
Math: We are starting a new unit on addition and subtraction. This week we will be informally assessing student knowledge to discover individual instructional needs. Students should already be familiar with their math facts up to 18. They should be able to recall these fluently and quickly. This week we will be focusing on addition story problems. They will be expected to model addition of two digit numbers using objects, pictures, words and numbers.
Science: This week we will begin our unit on force and motion. More detailed information regarding lessons will be forth coming! We are still in the processes of designing these learning experiences for next week.
Language Arts: Learners are beginning to understand the goal setting process. Each learner should know their reading level and know the strategy it takes to move on to the next level. This week we will practice using the writing process to revise and edit. We will also be discussing prefixes and suffixes and the importance of these to English words.
Social Studies: We will continue our work with researching historical figures. This week learners will even create a facebook page for a historical figure who is no longer living! We will also be practicing the songs "The Star Spangled Banner" as well as "America the Beautiful".
- colored copy paper
- 2 sets of ear buds for student use