November Parent Newsletter
"If it's to be...It's up to me!"
Message from the Principal
As we move headlong into the Holiday Season, I wanted to take a moment to tell you all how thankful I am for this wonderful school. The past 4 months or so have been such an incredible introduction to the Shell Beach Family. From spending time with your students in and out of class to getting to know many of you, I am truly lucky to be here are SBE.
I also wanted to make sure that all parents know that I am here to serve you and that any phone call, email or office visit to share your concerns, thoughts and ideas is always welcome. If I am not able to meet with you right away, please know that we can schedule a time soon and if I cannot pick up the phone, please know that I will call you back just as soon as possible.
I look forward to continuing to partner with the whole community to make Shell Beach Elementary the best school on the Central Coast!
Important Dates to Remember:
November 11th--Veterans Day, No School
November 13th--PTO Meeting, 3:30
November 13th--PTO Klondike Give-Back Night, 5-8pm
November 15th--Minimum Day
November 19th, 9am--Principals Coffee
Nov 19-Nov 22--Fall Conferences/Minimum Days
Nov. 25th-Nov. 29th-- Thanksgiving Break
December 7th--Saturday School
December 9th-13th--Fall Book Fair
December 12th--Art in the Dark
December 23rd-January 10th--Winter Break
Parking/Drop Off/Pick Up
Every parent that has dropped off or picked up here at SBE knows it can be a tight squeeze. For the safety of all students, please observe the following expectations:
1. Please pull all the way forward to the yellow striped line when dropping off/picking up. We are working on getting signage to remind all parents of this. Please also pay attention to the movement of the cars in front of you and move forward whenever possible to make room for others to pick up.
2. Please DO NOT park in the dirt area in between the drop off lane and Terrace Road or the dirt area at the top of the school at the intersection of Terrace Road and Shell Beach Road. Law enforcement will be called in the event anyone parks in these areas. As an aside, parking at the top erodes the sandbags that we have up there that will help with run-off when (and if) it rains.
3. Please do not allow students to exit or enter your car until you are in the designated drop off/pick up lane. This is a significant safety issue.
4. The left hand lane coming into the school is for driving through and emergency vehicles. Please do not stop in this lane.
5. We have the WONDERFUL Mrs. Hale up at the crosswalk about 3 days a week and I am able to get out 1 maybe 2 times a week...but if you have the time and inclination, we could use a parent volunteer or two to help us with crossing. Please contact the office if you are interested!
6. Finally--please know that we all realize that this can be stressful for all. Your care in following the rules helps us all rest a little easier. It may not always be fun...but we can always make it safe!
Art Contest Winners!
Congratulations to: Malia Kauo (3rd Grade), Cora Lewis (3rd Grade), Kate Harvey (6th Grade) and Kendall Loughead (6th Grade).
We are working with the city to get a professional muralist to get their art up for all to see!