Blanche Dodd Bobcat News
Message from our Principal
Greetings Bobcat Families!
We are nearing the end of the first semester, and we are looking forward to the celebration of our learning! Your children have worked hard this semester to improve their reading fluency and increase their reading level. In addition, they have focused on committing basic math facts to memory since these are essential to the process of solving complex math equations.
We will celebrate our students accomplishments on December 19th with a Mid-Year Awards Assembly. You'll find the details outlined in this newsletter.
As we enter the holiday season, our minds turn to our blessings and the ways we can help others. I am so proud to lead such caring and generous staff and students! To highlight the generosity shown by your children and their teachers, I want to recap the fall semester projects:
- $1000.00 was raised to help students in Houston and Richmond who were affected by Hurricane Harvey.
- A team of students and their families, along with Mrs. Polley, ran the Little Heroes 5k to support our students who are battling neurofibromatosis (NF).
- 2,396 lbs. of food was donated to Feeding Krum Kids.
- Kaitlyn Marquis initiated a presentation for the student body entitled "All Bobcats are Cool" to focus on the inclusion and kind treatment of ALL students.
- The Dodd staff raised $225.00 to support American service men and women by participating in the GI Go Campaign.
- The Dodd staff raised $ to be donated to the Diabetes Foundation in honor of Krum students who struggle with Type I and Type II Diabetes.
- Nate Stone, Alyssa Norwood, and Chloe Norwood initiated a food/clothing drive to Help the Homeless of Denton County.
- Our community came together to support one of our own, Mrs. Julie Harrison (Dodd secretary) and her family in a time of need through a benefit dinner and silent auction raising more than $5,700.
It is my pleasure to work with such giving adults and students. It is a joy to see our Bobcats recognize a need within the community and initiate an activity to address that need!
I know that the kindness and generosity the Blanche Dodd students and teachers have shown does not go unnoticed!
Wishing you a time of joy and memories as we enter the final days of 2017.
May you be blessed with a Decadent December!
Mrs. Tricia Bolz
Blanche Dodd Intermediate
Mid Year Awards Assembly
Tuesday, Dec. 19th
8:30-9:30 4th Grade
9:45-10:45 5th Grade
Assemblies will be held in the gym
Class Holiday Parties
Tuesday, Dec. 19th
2:30-3:15 All Classes
Polar Express Day
Wednesday, Dec. 20th
Students are encouraged to wear their PJs
Winter Break December 21 - January 3rd
Congratulations to our November ES3 recipients!
This edition of the newsletter includes articles about Tips for Coping with Stress at the Holidays, Getting Involved in Community Service, Exercise and Nutrition, A Busy Parent’s Checklist, Getting Involved in Your Child’s School.
November in Pictures
Please use the link below to sign-up for a day(s) to volunteer as a Watch DOG at Blanche Dodd Intermediate. Don't forget to do your background check for this school year as well. You can fill one out on-line from the Krum ISD website. This background check will need to be processed before we can set you up a schedule to volunteer. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Anyon Coon (Watch DOGs coordinator) at email@example.com.
We look forward to having you as a Watch DOG on our campus!
KISD Mission Statement
Krum ISD’s mission is to create a collaborative atmosphere with parents, students and members of the community in order to ensure students will reach their full potential by providing every child with an exceptional education. We will strive to prepare our students academically and socially to embrace their future challenges, as well as ignite the desire to be lifelong learners, by providing a safe, respectful and positive learning environment.