We Are Sailing Through Kindergarten!
October 9th, 2015
- We continued learning about our five senses in science. We had so much fun exploring our sense of hearing. We listened to mystery sounds and sketched pictures of what we thought we were hearing. Then we checked our hypotheses as each mystery sound was revealed. We also enjoyed going on a nature walk and drawing pictures of what we observed with our sense of sight. We LOVE science!
- We also went to an assembly to learn more about the Mood Meter. We sang songs about our feelings and placed ourselves on a "life size" Mood Meter in the gym. It was so much fun!
Things we've learned...
- We continued learning the following high frequency words: the and little. We also continued learning our super star high frequency word: can. Please review these words with your child at home.
- We continued learning the following Amazing Words: platypus, lost, market, around, found, and groceries.
- We learned how to identify, read, and write the number zero in math this week. We also learned how to order numbers 0-5, and find groups with the most or fewest. We are mathematicians!
- In social studies, we learned about Christopher Columbus and his exploration. We are excited to share what we learned over the holiday weekend!
Books we've read...
- Plaidypus Lost by Janet Stevens
- Apples, Apples, Apples by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace
- LIttle Pea by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- Hearing by Sharon Gordon
- Catching the Moon by Crystal Hubbard
- Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen
Library Lion read by Mindy Sterling
STAR OF THE WEEK!
Lucas D. was our "Star of the Week" this week. We learned that Lucas D. loves to play golf and is a big fan of many superheros (Batman, Captain America... just to name a few!). He also LOVES art and drawing. Lucas D. did a wonderful job kicking off our star of the week presentations. We are excited to continue to get to know our future stars!
- Please continue to bring your ID with you at dismissal. It is a School #6 policy to always have your ID with you at dismissal. In the event that there is a substitute teacher, you will be required to show identification.
- Please make sure your child’s name is on all homework, notes, etc.
- If your child is absent from school, please send in an absent note the day your child returns. Thank you!
- To see more pictures from our days at School #6, check out our school page on the district website!