ZION DISTRICT 6 COVID-19 CASE DATA
2021-2022 school year - As of October 22nd, 2021
District Protocols for Covid ALERT
If there is a positive individual reported in a building, the nurses and administrators work to perform contact tracing around that individual. The close contacts are then identified and the families of the close contact are notified.
We do not notify all families when there is a positive case, only the close contacts that have been exposed.
Vaccinated individuals do not have to quarantine.
District 6 Covid Protocols
- 3-feet social distancing recommended within the classroom where possible.
- Masks must be worn among all students and staff in buildings with children present anywhere in the buildings, despite vaccination status.
- Covid testing of symptomatic students regardless of vaccination status. Covid testing of staff weekly. (If a consent to test is on file.)
- If you are a staff member, NOT vaccinated, and a close contact to a Covid positive person at school while masked, you can participate in the Test to Stay program. A BinaxNow consent waiver must be on file to participate. If you are considered eligible for the program, you will test on Day 1, 3, 5, and 7 with the building nurse, as long as you remain asymptomatic. If at any time you become symptomatic, you will need to quarantine.
- If the contact comes from within the household or community you must quarantine.
- Vaccinated individuals do not need to quarantine if a close contact.
- If a staff member or student contracts Covid, please isolate for 10 days from the start of symptoms OR if asymptomatic, the test date. Call your school's nurse so contact tracing can be initiated.
- If a staff member, student, OR any of your household members are symptomatic with any of the below symptoms, they must stay home and either get a negative Covid test result or a doctor's note to return. Call your school and speak to the nurse if you are a staff member OR a zion 6 student with Covid like symptoms.
Covid symptoms are as follows:
o Fever over 100.4
o Shortness of Breath
o New Loss of Taste or Smell
o Body Aches
o Sore Throat