News from Fourth Grade
May 30 - June 3
Happy Memorial Day!
We have a jam-packed week ahead of us! This week we will be learning all about the different types of figurative language in reading. Students will also be creating a new cover for one of their favorite books of the year in chalk outside. We will be testing our brainpower in math with some tricky brainteasers and even creating our own. We will also be creating our very own GoNoodle videos. On Thursday, students will finally have the chance to read their Colonial America books to our third graders.
This week we also have a number of school-wide events.
- Woodridge Public Library Summer Reading Club Talk - Tuesday
- Goodrich Award Assembly - Wednesday @ 1:30
- AR Assembly - Friday
- AR BBQ - Friday
*On Friday, we will be having our End of Year Celebration. Students may bring an extra snack to eat during the movie.
- NO SCHOOL - Monday, May 30th
- Last Day of School - Friday, June 3rd
- Returning Student Registration for the 2016-2017 school year is now open!
- Please remember that students are no longer allowed to bring in birthday treats. However, they may bring in a non-food item to share with their classmates on their birthday. There are 20 students in our classroom.
District 68 Mission Statement
In partnership with family and community, Woodridge School District 68 provides a comprehensive educational foundation for all children in a safe, caring environment, preparing them to be productive, responsible, and successful members of society.